ultracet VS> ultram
I currently take 8-10 ltracet per day. I take them all,however, between 5 and 11PM as that is when my pain worst. My concern is the tylenol. My doctor says that taking up to 8 per day will not cause problems...
thoughts on this?
\
what is your dose?  Taking 8-10 per day for any period of time will give you a physical addiction - you will see MANY horror stories about tramadol on here which is what you are taking.  Doctors believe and tell you it isn't addicting but some say it is a worse detox than oxys. There is another post on this page somewhere where lots of people are chiming in about Tramadol.  Do some research on it and see for yourself.  I would be VERY careful you are on a very slippery slope.
I'm kicking it right now...day 5.  this has been my best day but the last 4 days seemed like forever while I was going through them.  Tram w/d is horrible and it's a horrible drug that so many doc's aren't educated on....mine doesn't seem to be.  I would HIGHLY suggest you finding another non-addictive pain management method.  trust me...it is NOT pretty and can wreak havoc on you, your life and your loved ones.
I did all the oxy's/fentanyl/morpheines for years. I went through detox and have been on ULTRACET now for about 3-4 years. I have heard about the withdrawl but right now it is working for me and I dont want to go back to where I was at.
Someone asked my doesage...to my knowledge there is no dose on ultracet like straight ultram. It is 37.5 tramadol and 325 acetemitaphene.
The tylenol is more my concern right now.
I am really looking for people who can compare ultram and ultracet usage.
Ultracet is a straight up 37.5 tramadol and 325 acitomitophene(sp?) I was looking for someone who can compare the pros and cons of ultram straight and ultracet,,,,
If you take 10 ultracet per day you'll be getting 3250 mg of tylenol, the maximum therapeutic dose if 4000 mg per day.  So you should make sure you don't exceed the max dose prescribed by your doctor and make sure you don't exceed  4000 mg per day and I would recommend getting your liver checked also here and there.

Here is an old thread talking about the differences between Ultram (which is just tramadol) vs. Ultracet  (which is lower dose tram with added acet).  Hope it is helpful:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Addiction-Substance-Abuse/Ultram-vs-Ultracet/show/1055067