Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
ultram with suboxone?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

ultram with suboxone?

Could I take one ultram with a quater peice of suboxone to help with w/d's??? I am really hurting today!
Suboxone has an opiate antagonist in it, so you will not get any effect or benefit from taking the ultram.. I know Ultram is not an opiate but it does block the same opiate receptors in the brain as a real opiate would so if you take the Suboxone then it will have already blocked the recptors in the brain so it will just kick the ultram out.. Sorry
I would try the ativan, it should help with the anxious feelings you are describing... At least give it a try... Let me know if there is anything I can do to help....
Avatar n tn
what would be better to take with the suboxone...valerian or half an ativan? I have a few kids here because it's school vaca week. I am desperate to get rid of this anxious feeling and racing heart.....I tried smoking but nothing is really helping. I know they say to try mind over matter but thats hard for me. I can't help but to be negative when I feel like this. Especailly with 3 7year olds and a 15 month old here all day!
Your right on the money with your response regarding the blocker in suboxone and why the Ultam is Neutralized....
She needs to understand how to use suboxone or it is a waste.......
the reply right under by sky is very accurate. Sky also has a lot of knowledge about suboxone if you have any questions your best bet would be to ask the lady of glitter. She seems very honest and knowledgable what she can't answer feel free to ask me...
Avatar n tn
I just started on suboxone and it made me really sick. I dont know if it was because it was the first couple of days but it was horrible. I ended up throwing up everyday. What can be done about the nausea and the racing heart when trying to contine the suboxone.
pillfree..please start your own post for your benefit. this is an old post. Go to the top of this page and hit the post a a question button. Take it from there. Hope to see you.