Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
unisom

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

unisom

Can you  a drug screen by taking unsom? I wanted to make sure.
  • Drug Test (5 replies):
    I'm going to take a pre-employment drug test and am wond...[more]
  • drug screens (2 replies):
    on a typical drug screen what are all of the drugs they ...[more]
  • cocaine (2 replies):
    HOW LONG DOES ONE LINE OF COCAINE STAY IN YOUR SYSTEM AN...[more]
  • help me (5 replies):
    I have been on vicodin for over 10 years I am going for ...[more]
  • oxycontin (8 replies):
    does anyone know how long it takes for oxy to clear for ...[more]
Are you asking if you can fail a drug screen by taking the over the counter sleep aide?
If your asking if you can fail a drug test by taking over the counter unisom the answer is no. I used to work in a clinic where we did random and pre-employment drugscreens for many area companies including the hospital where we were located. A drug screen tests for marijuana,cocaine,PCP,benzodiazipene and meth. some drug screens test for more things but sorry don't remember what  If a rapid urine drug screen comes back positive for anything it is then sent to the lab to make sure it is truely positive vs, a flaw in the rapid drug screen kit, and also the lab will quantify how much of the drug is in the persons urine. Some companies now require a hair drug screen. This tells if you have ever done drugs and when you did them. The drugs are absorbed by your hair and excreted with your hair as it grows. The lab tests the entire length of the hair and comes up with a positive or negative result. then based on the known rate of hair growth (same in all people) will cut the remaining hairs into segments and test each segment. This will tell when you did drugs and how much you did.
Most likely you will do a urine drug screen.  My best advice to you is take a list of ALL medications used both over the counter and prescription. Now is not the time to lie about it.  Also don't try fudging the test by bringing in someone elses urine. The cups have a temp reading on them and if the urine is to cool which it will be 100% of the time it will automatically be considered a failed drugscreen. Do not try to dilute the sample if there is any water in the bathroom you use (which there shouldn't be) that will effect the Ph level and once again be considered an automatic failed drug screen.
Just remember Drug Screens are looking for ILLEGAL drugs and Unisom is not illegal.
hope this helps