Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
valium & pain meds

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

valium & pain meds

How can I get help with this problem?
Age 66, female.
Lifetime use of anxiety and pain meds.
Alcohol abuse for a number of years but sober for last 15 years.
Currently taking 10+ 10mg valium per day, 3+ 10mg Endocet per day. 5+ 10mg dihydrocodone per day, Spasmocip,(Darvocet from India).  
Laxative abuse for many years until 2 years ago and have been getting colonic irrigations every 3 to 6 days.
No quality of life. Can't get out of bed until after noon.
Trouble sleeping. No matter what time I go to sleep, will feel absolutely horrible when I wake up.
Have tried to stop the Endocet but could only get down to 2 per day.
My husband recently retired to take care of me but he doesn't really know what to do.
I feel like I cannot live without drugs. I never feel high and can't even feel normal with the meds I'm taking.
I have no friends or relatives I can count on.
Tags: Bowels, bowels valium pain meds
Hi there and welcome to the forum! If I may ask, are you getting all these medications from a doctor or from the street? This seems to be a lot of drugs and different drugs! If you are getting them from a doctor, then I would speak to him/her about tapering you off these! I'm pretty sure the Valium, at the very least would need to be tapered! I'm sorry, but I do not personally have any experience with these particular drugs! Hang tight and others will be along who can give you advice! Take care, and I wish you all the best! Please stay with us and continue to post for support!
What is the condition you take all these meds for?
With all the meds you take, and also because you said you don't think you can live without them.....that tells me that you need to be talking about all of this very candidly with your doctor.   I don't know a lot about bowel problems but I have heard of the problems that laxatives and enemas cause and your body becomes dependent on them.   If you really want to quit, you need to talk to your doctor and see if he can help you get off of them.   If you do quit these meds and the enemas....don't expect an over night miracle or that you feel better any time soon.   You need to want it bad enough to get healthy and give your body time to heal.   I am your age and I can tell you that we don't bounce back as quickly as we would like, but if you don't get started, you will never get there.   Good luck....and let us know how you do!