Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
vicodin withdrawl(withdrawal) fatigue

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

vicodin withdrawl(withdrawal) fatigue

My husband has completed two 28 day rehab programs twice in the last year for vicodin addiction. He continues to relasp. I need to know what test to have the doc run to detect any possible liver damage. Also he suffers constant tiredness and fatigue days and weeks after withdrawl (withdrawal). How long do the boughts of fatigue and tireness last after the last use? I went to healthstore and sought out some energy boosting herbs so he could have more energy for our 4 kids. Didn't work though. Found a suggestion for milk thistle on a forum. Any suggestions to get us on a right path to health and enery in addition to the obvious [dont take any more pills] would be helpful. thanks
It takes time a lot of time and  patience.
Try taking walks,  if you have a dog take him out
everyday.
Don't start looking for meds for energy, that is dangerous.
Depression has the most to do with it, in a lot of addicts depression follows detox. A depression counselor is advised and helps with potential relaspe which happens a lot.
how often do addicts to vicodin really get and stay clean. Im running out of hope here. The tension in my home is crazy. Our [me and the kids] lives revolve around when hes using when hes withdrawling when he lying is he lying is he high. he is dying. is he cranky etc etc. its a harsh life. please tell me people do stay clean. detox is not his problem he can detox he just cant get thirty days on his own without rehab. the only drugs energy Im using is the same they gave him in rehabe. L somthing or other. herbs and vitimins.
sorry the last comment was to you. I didn't put your name in.
There is hope. Yes there is the overwhelming chance of relapse but there is also the chance of sucsess"however you spell it". I had 11 years sober from alcohol, and relapsed on Crystal and other perscription drugs. I never drank again though. After that I had 5 years sober again and then got hooked on pain pills. I'm off them, but using Subuxone for the first month just as an insurance policy that I won't run to the dealers house in a weak moment.
If I didn't think there was any hope of staying sober again I wouldn't try quitting again. You see I'm not going to lose anything except money if I stay on the pills, but, I have a lot to gain if I quit so I have to have hope and keep on trying to get clean. He has something more to loose so he should try even harder.
Sorry to answer your other question no he won't die, he will only feel like he is.

withdrawls are bad and if you have a shitty personality to begin with you might want to kill him yourself...lol

sorry trying to make you smile in a bad situation.

I never had kids because I knew i was to screwed up with addiction. I destroyed a very good relationship a nice house cars, jetskis and my dog who went with her.

Your one of his many victims, protect your kids and show some tough love. He needs to straighten his ass out and do it now! If he won't do it you have a decision to make.

I know how ugly it is for you to sit there and watch him, you need to be totally honest and upfront with him and demand honesty back.

good luck
i dont mind the relaspes so much if there is some sort of hope that eventually he will get it. He tries so hard and wants to be clean there has to be something we can do that we havent done yet. Its like rehab and both times at about two to three weeks out of rehab back on drugs. At home he has never made it to a month before caving. Three weeks max. Off to be but I will look for your comment tomorrow. I kicked him off of here earlier I didn't want him finding new ways to find drugs but it looks like a good forum. Unlike the ones that advertiseing online prescriptions under the mask of a help forum. thanks.
I learned in two different rehabs that only 2 in 10 make it without relapse.

sorry,
Goodmorning, I hate always giving you bad news but if he is decent on computers and has a credit card he can get pills.
It is not as easy as it used to be before Jan 1st of 2005 when you could get anything but still if you do some looking in Costa Rica for example you can find websites.
I have been sober over a year, I still fight some depression and an occasional craving. I had two teeth pulled midway and stayed with my Mom while I healed and she dispensed my meds to me. The dentist gave me 12 vics.
I only took half of them and I told my mom to flush them down the toilet.
He needs direction and education to stay away, addicts who try to do everything themselves success rate is very poor. With professional rehab help only two in ten make it. The six month rehab I went to is 7 of 10 make it. I think that if you can accumulate enough dry time by being inside a rehab it will stick with all the education you learn while there really helps. Cognitive thinking, Voc Ed. replaspe prevention, Stepps and your assigned a counselor and a case load it was very intense but I needed it. I no longer think about drugs or pills.
I even went back to college to get my Bachelors degree in Business.

good luck to you