Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
vomitting durring withdrawl(withdrawal) from oxy's

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I've been taking oxy's for about three years for the surgeries I've had.  Tapered off but now I can't stop throwing up.  How long can I expect this to last and can I do anything from home to help?
Tags: Vomitting
If you can't get it to stop, I would suggest calling a doctor.  Any med you take for the nausea can make the other symptoms worse.  Especially restless legs or arms, but if you can't hold fluids down, you gotta do something!  Good luck to you! :)  I never had nausea or vomiting...it was my....ummm.....other end!
I was a "puker", too.  It lasted just a few days for me....had 4 puke bowls in my "withdrawal room" cause I was too sick and weak to empty them, Ugh!

I didn't use immodium cause I didn't even find this website until I was 55 days into it but a lot of people on this forum swear by immodium.....(I did use some Pepto).  MOST important is to stay hydrated while you are purging the toxins.  The hydration helps MANY aspects of detox so when you can...drink whatever you can.....water, vitamin water,
gatorade, juice....just be sure to drink.  And if the vomiting lasts more than 48 hrs.....you may want to seek medical advise/help.
Hey! I also spent a lot time worshiping 'the porcelain God'! As Clean_In_KS pointed out, fluids (2 to 3 litres of water a day) are a must to hydrate, flush out toxins and maintain optimum function during your detox. The Immodium will help to, it smooths out the intestinal muscles. In addition I would try the following: take a small piece of ginger (about a 1" piece), peal it and juice it through a garlic press into a cup of hot water. Put the rest of the pulp into a tea strainer or just toss it into the bottom. Let it steep and drink it. This is a potent nausea remedy. (This is why they use ginger ale in hospitals sometimes after anesthesia.) Fresh ginger is more potent and is also good for you. Hope this helps. If not, don't worry you won't be vomiting for long. It's a short lived acute symptom. Congrats on your decision. Hang tough -- You Can Do This. Please, keep posting. We're here!
I spent alot of time talking to the porcelain goddess too.  I would sip on warm coke and that seemed to helped.  If it persists i would see your doctor.