Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
w/d

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

w/d

day 2 w/ds from 10-15 10mg vicodins
does smoking pot help with w/d's from opiates.
I have access to pot.  I don't like the high I get when I smoke but I was wondering if it might get my mind off the w/d's
i might be able to get xanax tomorrow but I have never had it and I am worried I might like it too much.
PS  I have no worries about becoming addicted to pot as I said I really don't like it.
Stay away from the xanax and the pot. The pot does help a bit but it kind of counteracts what you are trying to do. Just hang in there another 2 days and you will be home free. Sounds like some after care will be needed too. When you feel up to it some meetings will be very helpful. Keep up the good fight and stay clean. That means totally clean!!
heres the thing.  a friend of mine gave me some pot and smoked a little bit and then it sat in freezer for a year and a half.  about two weeks ago he was out and he called me to ask if I had any.  I told him I had the stuff from before and he came and got it.  The next day he insisted he replace my stash.  I told him forget it but now I am looking for something to just get me through these next couple of days.
I repeat though, I have no fear of becoming addicted to pot.  I really don't like the high.  It completely makes me stoned.  
I loved taking vicodin because I was always completely straight and maybe even more focused than usual.  
Thanks for your thoughts.
pot did not help take the edge off wd's for me, sorry to say.  
Taking other addicting substances to get off another addicting substance is a very bad idea .I have heard the "you dont have to worry about me getting addicted to........"so  many times .Then had member coming back months after trying to get off that substance .I dont want to see that happen to you with either the pot or the xanax .The xanax is really addictive .I know you are struggling but it will better .We are here for you
thank you all
I'd say if you don't even really like smoking, then don't even get started with it. If you can get through these withdrawals without smoking then you might as well. I think it actually feels better to be able to say you got sober on your own and didn't have to use other drugs as a crutch. I know that it is hard, but I think you should keep trying without smoking. You can do it! As for the xanax, if you think you may like it then definitly don't try it! I had about 3 weeks sober and then start taking xanax a bit too often to the point that it became recreational and within a few days it led me right back to using oxycontin. I think you should try to stay away from all the drugs, I've found that no matter what it is, they usually just lead you back to your drug of choice. Either way I wish you the best and am here if you ever need anything!
I agree with all of the above... Stay AWAY from the pot and xanax... Why replace a drug with (yet) ANOTHER DRUG?!?!?  (and you don't even LIKE pot)...

Just try to HANG IN THERE... keep on posting and know that we're all out here for you...

Hugs and Prayers your way!
I also would say stay away from both, pot made me really shaky and more anxious when I was withdrawing, and I was one who said I 'wouldn't get addicted to Xanax' and DID, was on benzos for almost 2 years and I'm FINALLY off of them, I swear to god they're almost worse than the opiates. :P Good luck, hang in there, life will be better again soon I promise :)