w/d
How long before the leg pain goes away?  Its been five days and it is still very strong?  Opiate W/D.
there is no X amount of days. every single post here ask what day will I feel better I wish people like myself earlier would read some others post and realize you just have to go everyday without taking a drug and you will answer your question.

Are you trying to quit for the rest of your life or just quit till day X arrives.
for life!
It varies widely from person to person.  My leg aches lingered for several weeks, but at a much lower level than during the acute phase of withdrawal. I noticed the first noticeable improvement around day 8 or 9, and then the sensation gradually tapered off and just became annoying. They were completely gone by about three weeks.

Hang in there. One thing I wished I'd done was try a massage. Haven't heard anyone mention if that helped, but I would think it's a good bet. Maybe even find a friend/significant other to do it if you don't want to go to a therapist.  Baths helped me a lot. Some days I took 5-6 baths as hot as I could take them. Maybe a hot pad?

It was a few weeks then one day it was kind of like wow my legs don't bother me anymore .There is a muscle relaxer called zanaflex that really helps with the leg pain you might want to talk to the doctor aout it .