Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
we need help

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

we need help

I cant believe I am here not only for me but my whole family except my 3 yr old son. Im 42 as my husband is too, my daughter is 19. I am currently on 5 to 6 norco's a day. my husband is on probly around 8 to 9 and my daughter 1 and half a day for a year. I have been taking the evil yellow pills for 3 years, my husband 16 years WOW the heartache this has brought us. So my question is we ran out yesterday with full intentions of ridding our addiction. I can get pills if I want we have all decided we want it out of our lives.My hear breaks for my daughter she really doesn't understand withdrawal and is taking it hard thinks she is dying and the feeling is permanent I assure her it isn't. my question is do we do it cold turkey is that the best way?  When I woke up this morning I was so foggy and shaking inside I took a oxycodone  15 mg to stop the shakes. I need advise how to do this. Im in a mess I feel like a failure and im probably not making sense right now I apologize in advance for that.
Hey!  Welcome to you all!

No doubt it's not easy. But if you really want them out of your life you will be successful!  
I too was addicted to the yellow demons. Withdrawals suck but won't kill you. Your daughter shouldn't experience too much if she really was only taking one and a half a day.

Pull together and help each other out. Stay busy, stay hydrated. Take multi vitamins and amino acids if you can. Hot baths/showers help the achey (achy) restless muscles.

Stay strong!  You all can do this!
You'll need to cut off your household supply completely. You'll need to cut all your sources completely. No more dealers or doctor's prescriptions. Tell them you're all getting clean now. If you have it you'll use it, I guarantee that! I certainly can't have it around the house. It's a commitment. Everyone needs to do it for themselves not everyone else. You're all worth it! keep posting, i wish you all luck.
Hi, yup, the yellow demons are many of our favorites. I agree w/ the above, get the stuff outta your house! If you have access to them, not only will you take em, but it shows you are not truly serious about quitting. You have to be willing to just go thru the wds (we've all been there) and just let the days, hours, minutes, pass by. No other way around it. You'll FEEL like you wanna die, but you won't. Also, I would really really focus on YOU in doing this; your hubbie has his own path, you are not (and can't be) responsible for him and his addiction. When you post, you post for you. That's the only person you can help. As far as your little one. I think that is actually a positive for you: all the negative experiences we have associated w/ using are like bricks, one on top of the other, that make us SO sick of this that we want out! So, letting your daughter see this may help you stay clean: you don't want her to see this again, right? So, think of it that way.

Many if not most of the new posts are from peeps terrified and in agony of wd. You are not alone. Just let the time pass.
Oops, sorry, I made a mistake; I thought your 3 yr old was watching YOU detox and was upset by it. I re read and your 19 year old is dtoxing, she's afraid of it never ending. Hmmm, this is a family problem. You are NOT in the position to give your ADULT daughter advice. You need your own support. So does your husband, so does your daughter. It's hard enough doing this yourself. I urge you to stay focused on yourself. You are of no help to anyone at this stage; gotta take care of you. Let your daughter and husband know that they can post here and/or go to a meeting, call a counselor etc. You cannot handle 3 people's addictions!!!!
Absolutely you can all do this. However,none of you will be successful if you have any access to opiates. Get rid of the oxy's that are in the house. Taking them for symptoms of withdrawl (withdrawal) will only extend your withdrawls. Cut ties with all dealers. You will not make it through this if you have access to the pills. A weak moment will come, they always do, and you will cave. Check out the Thomas Recipe. It is full of good vitamins and supplements that help with wds. Stay hydrated, no caffeine. It makes the anxiety worse. You all need to consider your options for aftercare. NA/AA, counseling. There are several options, but it is very important to have some sort of aftercare. We are here for you, and want to see you succeed. Please stay with us and keep us updated. Maybe have your husband and daughter get on this site as well. I wish you all the best of luck.