Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
wean down

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

wean down

Is it really possible to wean down and off oxycodone or hydrocodone? Went from4-5  7.5-lortab, and 1/4 of a 30mg oxycodone a day to no lortab and a small sliver of a oxycodone every 12-to 16 hours. Any advice would be greatly
appr.
I have done it. It dosen't work for some and some it will. I was on way more then you and it has taken me 4 weeks I will be done tomorrow. Not oxy just the hydro.
You can do it.

T.
Did you get the withdrawal syptoms (symptoms) as bad as going cold turkey? What was your tapering method?
Oh yes I did and still have a few small ones. I am a little nervous, tomorrow is my last day but it has taken me over 3 weeks to do this. I made a BIG cut at fist. I went down to 3 pills 3 times a day and I did that for a week then cut down to 2 for a week now I am down to 1/2 once a day. Did that for a week. You are going to w/d. There is no way not to have w/d as far as I know. Other people on this boad are way better at info then I. I am still very new to this. I can tell you it is a mental thing as well as I phy. I would be laost without this boad. There great, I knew what was coming I have great support from hubby who says I am such a low dose now I just should lick them LOL!!! I am done with these darn things.
Hang tuff!

T.
Tapering helped me, some say it doesn't work for them.  The last 3 days I tapered to 1/2 tablet every 12 hrs.  You can do this whether you taper or CT it is doable.  The withdrawls are just THAT, they will go away.  Get clonidine if possible maybe a dr. will help you with that, and a few tranzene.   These will help to keep you stable, or in your skin.  Post and read others post, you are not alone!

Hugs
Ella789        25 days opiate free!!