Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
weaning from 10mg of methadone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

weaning from 10mg of methadone

I have been going to a methadone clinic for approximately 6 months. It was expensive and my boyfriend paid for it so I had this wise idea to wean myself. I was being given 50 mg at the dosing station but when the nurse would turn her head I'd pour it in something and I've saved it up. 50mg was way too much for me, I was coming home and just couldn't keep my eyes open and pass out for the whole day! So I got myself down to 15mg. The nurse caught me last week so I am no longer going to the clinic. Now I don't know how slow to wean myself from 10mg. I know it's not a lot but I am in AGONY! I am going through full blown withdrawals, I can't sleep or eat much, my whole body hurts especially my back and emotionally I'm a mess! I cry easily and often, I have no interest in anything. It's hell! I can't function. I can't work, I don't even want to take showers and I'm a very clean person who's always cared about my appearance. I have called hotlines but they are all rehabs and I can't afford that! I just need to know how to wean, the best way. I am severely depressed and I want to see a psychiatrist but I have no insurance or money. My boyfriends pulling all the weight himself...He is on methadone as well but he's fine because he's not stopping now.  So now I have about 300 mg and I haven't taken more than about 10mg for the last week. It's also hard to know how much i'm taking because the nurse puts water in it, I use a syringe type thing and try my best to get it right. I know I am in the wrong for being dishonest but it was so much money and I thought It was a good idea at the time. I am a zombie and I don't even remember what I used to be like before I used opiates. Do you have any weaning advice for me please? Would an antidepressant help at all if I found a clinic or something? The only thing that calms me down now is xanax but even still I'm a vegetable. I just want to know how many milligrams to go down at what rate, daily, weekly, etc. I'm scared and I feel sooooo alone. I am 25 years old if that helps and I'm 5'6 about 115lbs. I just want to cry forever. Any advice would be soooo appreciated. I have noone to talk to. Thank you.
Tags: methadone, weaning, 10mg, withdrawal, help, scared
HI welcome to the forum sound like your where a lot of people get with methadone ....traped
you need to go slow with your taper when you in the lower doses its harder in the lower dose
we can no longer post taper plans in the open forum its ageist the rules just know your not alone I have helped others get off this stuff and will be happy to help you I sent you a message
look in your e/mail I prefer to work one on one with people because know 2 withdrawals are the same coming off this stuff if you want my help just message me back good luck and God bless
......Gnarly