weaning off tramadol
i have been on this drug for 2.5 yrs. i am a rn i should know better. i am taking 30-50 pills a day. i had a chld at 33 yrs old and got post partal dep and this drug made me feel happy and lessened my anxiety at being a new mom. so, i took it everyday to cope. i cannot keep doing this. my boy is 3 now and sooo much fun. as form me i lost my appetite and a lot of weight and i was already on the thin side, my skin is breaking out, i get nauseated if i take too much too soon to get the desired effect. i even have noticed hand tremors when i take alot and i can't write well. this is bad, i'm scared i will damage my liver and kidneys. its time to wean. i can't go on vacation unless i know i have enough to last, its like i am a prisoner. please help. i need to wean i guess i know how but how long is my qustion.
Hi ! I was on Tramadol for 8months and ran out of pills. The W/D are very tough and you can have seizures going off cold turkey. I would talk to your Doc. about this. I did not ween of because i did not know any better. I was sick for 4 weeks very tough W/D. Please talk to your Doc. My Doc put me on this after i was on Vicodin to not get in trouble with narcotic pain meds. Learning the hard way that Tramadol is very addicting. Hope i helped you. Please talk to your Doc. F1swede
I agree with Jenn, the WDs are pretty tough for Tram...I only used Trams for about a month about 2 years ago (about 10 per day) and I ran out and I ended up in the ER that night...not trying to scare you, but Trams, for me at least, had the worst WDs of any of the pain meds I've ever taken (Percs/Vics). It was so bad in fact, even when I was using and I ran out of Percs/Vics, and I had the opportunity to take Trams, I never did, just bec I was scared of the WDs...

So, please talk to your doc...CT off 50 pills a day is pretty dangerous....

Also, forgot to mention, Congrats to you for deciding to quit. It's not impossible and will be tough for a little while, but hang in there, for yourself and your child...it will be well worth it...
I'm taking 12 per day, given by my doctor to keep me away from vicodin and addictive meds..I'm going to run out likely tomorrow maybe Thurs, but I can refill on Friday...gonna try to wean off because i now see how difficult it can be...I've already reduced to about 8/day.

Can't believe I allowed myself to get hooked on these things after all I went through getting off of vicodin.

Jim