Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
wellbutrin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

wellbutrin

I've been taking wellbutrin sr -1/150mg/day for about a year and want to discontinue wellbutrin and want to start taking lexapro 10mg/day-what is proper protocol?
Avatar n tn
With an exended release tablet there really is no way taper the dose.  I don't think there is any reason not to simply discontinue the welbutrin and start on the new drug.
Avatar n tn
How are you doing these days?

Rex
Avatar n tn
I have been on this medication a couple times and my Dr said it is not as important to taper with this as some other medications but I was on 2 150mg tabs daily. There are lower dose tabs though so once I did go to 75mg twice a day and then 75mg once a day and then 75mg every other day. I did each for about 4 days. I didn't have any problems the other times that I just stopped though. Good Luck
Avatar n tn
Rex send me an email, I'd like to give you my pager #. If you don't mind i'd like to put a voice to the words. ***@****.

teeitup!