what are considered opiates
My hubby is trying to tell me that he should be able to take codine for the pain since its not an opiate.  Is this true or is he trying to con me?  I know it sounds like I dont trust him which I do but there is this small part of me that just wants to make sure
codeine is a synthetic opiate...but an opiate nevertheless.

maybe he's not trying to con you...maybe he just doesn't know the facts
Yes it has been around since dirt.

good evening can I ask you a question?
Does he have legitamate pain?
Can it be managed with motrin?
5 years ago he had legimate pain now im not sure if its withdrawl pain or legitimate pain.  The dr says to try and wait it out to see how it goes in about a month.  He was given ibprofin (sp) and that didnt help so i dont know
codeine is a synthetic opiate, addicting, and makes you high. I had a harder time with codeine withdrawal than vicodin withdrawal...although everyone is different, it IS addicting.
Goodmorning, smile..........

I started my addiction when I was 14. Many people have core issues I had one my father. I won't go into detail but when I was young I was like my mom very soft spoken compassionate and very passive. My father decided that was a sissy and not a man so he tried to remold me.
At 14 I started smoking pot the gateway drug which led me to many other drugs including pills. I never stopped taking them, maybe a few years here and there but when depression or something bad would happen to me I would go right back to my safe place.
In 2000 I blew my back out real bad. I was put on tons of strong pain meds and kept on them for two years. Then they decided to cut me off. I started hospital hoping and then a pill junkie friend told me about a web site on the computer to Costa Rica and all you needed was a credit card. I started taking pain pills by the buckets, until I burned out two credit cards and then I was really in trouble.
Anyway sorry back to point I got into trouble and then after not sleeping for eight day I finally feel asleep for 9 hours. When I woke up I felt great and the biggest surprise was my back didnt' hurt either. I later found out in rehab that even though I had healed my brain would keep the pain up so that I would continue my addiction. My straight side accepted this as fact my addiction side still trys to tell me I have aweful pain.

Many good people start taking narcotic pain pills for legitamate reasons but a nasty side effect is addiction!
Your hubby knows that Codeine is a narcotic he will do and say anything to get it into his blood stream. You are in for a huge battle,  Good luck and remember that I am here to answer the toughest questions and the easy ones too.