what catagory does soma fall into?
Im curious because I know its a muscle relaxant (but then so is valium and a billion other benzos and I know its not a benzo) and not a narcotic....so where does it fall?
anyone?
I believe it just falls into the muscle relaxant catagory... but it is a controlled substance since it can cause dependence and withdrawl symptoms
dependency maybe.  I've taken it forever.  Ive stopped and felt very mild agitation,   But nothing any whrere near opiate withdrawals.  no where near.  but it does make you lethargic and, you know........the hangover affect.  Dont take more than one or two at a time.......
What is Soma?
Soma is a muscle relaxer that works by blocking pain sensations between the nerves and the brain.

Soma is used together with rest and physical therapy to treat injuries and other painful musculoskeletal conditions.

Soma may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

I was just wondering if they test for it on drug tests since its not a benzo, opiate, or any kind of illegal drug. I am taking a few a day until tomorrow when I can see my new doc and see if theyll keep me on what the ER put me on when I had that awful anxiety attack. Im not court ordered to be tested or anything, I put myself in the program but I dont want to be kicked out. I know this to be fact (at least in my case) whenever you try to be good, the devil sticks temptation in yer face like nobody's business. And that brings me to my new post...
Soma is a muscle relaxant, and contrary to what some people say, it's not a narcotic (or at least not as far as all of my pharmacology books say). It's IS addictive and can be abused. It's notorious for being used in conjunction with opiates. It's not something I'd suggest for someone with an abusive tendency.
It is addictive (I take used to mix them with narcotics and it seems to be the "thing" with more and more people these days. I know people who have had to go to treatment just for a soma addiction.  I would stay away from them, just my opinion based on my experience.
yea Im well aware of that. the doc at the er knew my history and gave me 26 ativans. how is that any different? its actually worse (to me) because Ive have never been addicted to soma, physically or mentally and Ive done some stupid $hit while on xanax (same catagory as ativan) Its NOT a narcotic like you said, and in california, 6 years ago it wasnt even a controlled substance. When I got to Oregon I was on it and realized that it was one here. I know I need to learn to live my life without any substance in my blood stream. Im just taking it day by day and happy that Ive kicked the opiates and alcohol (day by day day by day). I pop a few pills every morning when I get up, I take a multi vitamin, a 600mg calcium pill and an estrogen pill. Maybe I should wean myself off those too? Just kiddin...I need those or Id be a raging bi+ch after that hysterectomy...... :D