what drug has the worst withdrawel?

This may seem like a stupid question, but which drug has the worst w/d?

I hear methadone and ultram are the worst from what Ive read here.

Currently Im addicted to morphine and Fentanyl. I have a taper schedule ready, now I just need to get _me_ ready..

Also I hear Soma is addicting.. well thats another favorite of mine.. but Ive never had w/d from it, and Ive been up to 12-20 a day (4 at a time). When I run out, thats it.  It does have a tolerance though, used to be 1 or 2 would get me messed, now I take 4 and not really feel a thing.

Also, my worst experiences were with Soma.. woke up twice in jail because of it.

Every day I read this forum and every day I get closer to quiting. Keep posting everyone! It really helps.

DM
Any doctor who would suggest that a patient get on methadone because of a 10 a day vicodin habit should be arrested!!!! There are only 2 reasons a patient should ever be on methadone...One an addict (and not an addict who has been using for a year) a full blown addict who has tried everything else first, and their only way to live a normal live is through methadone....Second reason, a person, in SEVERE CHRONIC PAIN....Methadone is not a drug that should be given for a toothache, surgery, a broken foot, etc..methadone is for people in pain that have no quality of life without it......It is a wonderful drug, when used for the right reasons.........But for a 10 vicodin a day habit....There are drugs to make a person like that more comfortable, clonodin (SP) a sleeping pill at night, something for the runs, aspirin, tylenol, motrin, etc for aches and pains, not methadone
Sorry bud... I asked the same question earlier in a thread and you answered it here.  I agree with you on your previous post.  I think the problem I'm having with the clinic thing is that when I went through the "intake" process, they never asked what I was on that caused me to come in.  What they did do, was pop my arm with a little bit of Narcan and see how bad a felt.  Isn't that test a little broad spectrum?  A user could only be on 5 vikes a day and feel crappy after that little trial and error deal.
But, I concede the point that instead of shooting or like you said a chronic situation that has no end, maybe methadone would be a possibility for some.
So, if it's helped you from shooting then maybe that is good at this point in your life.
I do feel I owe an appology to you in a sense.  This is only Day 15 for me, so my anger about the clinic is still pretty fresh.  In my case, it was a true clusterfk. So, forgive me if I came off too harsh on the clinic thing.  For me, it was dignity sucking event to have to go in (at first every day, then I worked up to once a month), stand in line, get a **** test, a yearly TB test, then stand there in the dose window delivering my soul to the med dude..
Peace,
Mike
Are you telling me that at your intake all they did was put narcan in you and that was it???? I would turn their ass in!!!!! At my clinic they do a very broad intake..We have to have a drug history of at least 5 years, if we have never been on maintenance, we have to start with detox....Your story is a horror story, and I dont blame you for being upset...Methadone isnt for people with a litle vicodin problem.......It is for people like me, who had to sell my body, who had to steal, cheat, lie, sleep in the park, have nowhere to live.....That is why methadone has saved me......Methadone has messed you uppp, just be greatful you only did a detox.......BTW, I am a woman....I accept your apology and I apologize too......

MoNAForMe
I don't know what to say. After reading your story, I find myself in a situation where I feel I've been pretty narrow minded.  Looking back at my hard line on methadone, I find myself stepping back a bit.  Thank you for that.  
I can not conjure the horror that you had to endure on a daily basis.  And if methadone has helped you get out of that miserable existence, then who am I to argue when I haven't seen that hell?  
I guess all I can say is that if you ever come to a point in your life where you decide to ween off the methadone, you'll need support of those that have been there and can help.  And I'd be happy to be first in line to help some way.  Forgive my ignorance..

God Bless,
Mike
I've been trying to find any info. about methadone withdrawal.  During this past year, my daughter was using OC's, snorting heroin and then even started injecting.  She almost died once of an overdose; benzo.'s and heroin.  I thought that would scare her, but she did try it again and found that she couldn't stop.  She is now going to a meth. clinic; she is at 75 mg., but I am so afraid of her not being able to get off.  She has changed her life around almost completely; got a job, does not hang with the same people (actually likes being home with her family), her attitude is changed for the positive.  It bothers me that she is at 75 (she was at 80, this is week 3, but she had them drop her 5 and is looking to drop another 5 next week).  Is she doing the right thing?
Just after I finished getting of Methadone, I posted inappropriate comments about my issues of methadone clinics.  I was in error as one person showed me why it was not always as evil as I was making it out to be.  And it seems to me that the same may work in this instance.

Using other opiates instead of methadone has a bad side effect.  Opiate users (like I was before getting on methadone) have a problem with sustaining their habit.  The doses go up and down, up and down causing real chaos in their lives and those that love them.  Adversely, methadone for someone that has had this occur MAY BE a viable option.  One of it's main features is that it balances out the levels required by an opiate addict allowing them to not focus on where their next bottle will come from, but on what they can do to better themselves.  This seems to be the thing that has actually occurred in your family.  You made mention that she has changed an enormous amount in her life.  New friends, working and now, she engages family with some enthusiasm.  
What you should do:
Is your family member WANTING to get off methadone?  If so, then he or she will need support.  Dropping 5mg from where she is dosing won't be that tough.  I was on 40mg for over 10 years.  I got off it because I felt that it was time to reclaim my quality of life.  Has she gotten to that point?  Only she can answer that. IF she has, then maybe it is time to get off this drug.  It is definately a hard kick.  If an inpatient facility is an option for you via insurance, I would suggest talking about that.  I would NOT force it on her as this will only cause resentment.  If she is ready to get off it, there are places that will get her off the methadone using well rounded approaches including medication to subdue the effects of Methadone leaving her system, councelling to get to the root of the issue and support from those that are in the SAME situation she is.
If you have any specific questions you would like me to answer, if I know, I would be happy to share them with you.
It is important for you to know that I am NOT a doctor.  I am an addict that has been there and done that, just like so many others.  If she is ready to talk about it, suggest she visit this forum.  There are several great people here that would jump at the opportunity to discuss her situation in comparison to theirs, including myself.

God Bless,
Mike
Are you in the US?  If so, there are excellent facilities to help her.  When you said that she is "worried" about getting off this stuff and that she is through with it and wants to move on, that is a very profound statement that she may be ready to do it!  Try the following link and look around.  Ask questions.  The staff is ready willing and VERY able to help her, ESPECIALLY with the underlying issue of why she started in the first place.  You will find that it is based on a thing called "Spiritual Mality" and "12 steps".  They also have a program to involve the family too.  That way, the entire family can start the healing process together.  Pretty cool.  I am sure you have many questions and feelings that have not been answered.  THAT is exactly what they can help you with too.

Here is the link;

http://www.lahacienda.com

There are two that I know of.  One in Hunt, Texas (This is the one I went to), the other in Mexico.  Both are VERY nice facilities and have a multi-pronged approach to her getting well.  I can tell you the staff there includes two doctors that are addictionologist, 3 RN's, several nurses, 8 councellors and a LOT of people that are in the same boat she is in.  This is called a "community".  People band together to get through the hard times.  Plus, every Sunday, the Alumni (which includes me) go there to support the patients checked in and show them that it is absolutely possible to come out the other side of this pure hell.   Maybe someday society will catch on to this togetherness.  It's a strong bond to be sure.

Let me know if you need any more assistance.  If you need actual names to call, I will supply those along with direct phone numbers.  You will be surprised how willing they are to help.

I am not trying to steer you to one specific facility.  I can only speak of what I know of.  And La Hacienda, I know is a good place.  "Been there, done that."  I'm 18 days clean now from a 40mg a day methadone habit.  And for me, I will NOT be going back.

God Bless,
Mike
Thank you for your answer, I appreciate your insight.  I do realize that you are not a Dr., but sometimes I feel someone that has actually been there ... has a lot of knowledge.  She does want to get off of methadone..., but she wants to gradually taper down...., I think that she is afraid (and rightfully so) that if she comes off too quick, she just might go and use again and she does not ever want to do that again.  She says that she is done with that **** and wants to move on in her life.  Job, school, vacations, etc...  She has set a goal for herself to be away from all of this by spring/summer of 2003.  I think that this seems reasonable ... She is signed up for the 6 month program, but she is wondering if she should switch to the maintenance.  I wish that she was clean now, but I realize that is not to be.  Thank you once again.
I too was smoking/snorting & shooting herion aswell as taking anything i could get my hands on. Methadone helped me regain a balance as instead of trying to find my next hit, i took my daily prescription of methadone and got a job. It helped me kick herion because i was READY to turn my back on it. Some would say its easier to kick herion than methadone because the cold turkey withdrawal is longer lasting with methadone but in my situation since i was shooting up & a mess just kicking the herion wasnt an option. I will say though in the past id kicked H and got thru it but when i tried to kick the M, i cut myself down to 30mg a day, tried to do a cold turkey and it was a Mother-F***er, pardon the french. I then pleaded with my doctor who gave me 8mg of buprenorphine. It has helped me no end. I dont feel 'gouched' as i would on M or H and its an agonist-antagonist so its an unusual one for the docs as it works for and against other opiates. Its stopped me using H because if i do i feel withdrawal and nothing more (unlike Methadone where i used the two together occasionly). So for someone like your daughter my advice is dont stay on the methadone too long, be tapered down gradually so the w/d aint felt bad and if there is any underlying issue that got her into the whole drug thing then get it dealt with so she can rebuild her life. I myself found out while on the methadone that i had clinical depression as a result of my childhood and long-term ecstacy use, (thats another story) probably why i turned to drugs. So at present im day 16 (yipee) of cold turkey off buprenorphine and compared to the other things ive w/d off it is a walk in the park. Because depression/low self esteem etc(believe me the list could go on) is a factor in my case im on 150mg Venlafaxine and ive never felt more normal in all my life. As we all know everyones different but i like NoNaforme have been to the lowest pitfalls that someone like your daughter who has such a caring family around her need not go. I wish you the very best of luck and feel free to write to me. I look at this forum every day and so many people have helped me while i was 'lurking' that i hope i can return the favour. Good Luck all & God Bless
icky
I feel bad for you and your dauther....If she really wants to get off of methadone, the best way to do it is 1mg a week...My Ex had a 25 year heroin habit....He was on methadone for many years....The way he did it was he tapered 1mg a week, if he felt bad one week, he would stop for a week or two........It took him awhile to detox, but his success story is he has been free from all drugs since January of 1997.....If she detoxes too fast, she will go back to using again.....I.wish you and your daughter the best of luck, and if she does it right, she can make it.

thank you for the LaHacienda info.  I did look them up, but at this point it is not possible for her to go there.  She is actually doing good now, has not used any drugs in 3 1/2 weeks, (except the daily methadone dose).  She is now working full time, she had not been able to hold a steady job in a few years due to drug use: pills (first), then progressed to H.  She is actually looking forward to being free of drugs.
thank you for your response also.
I do wonder if the methadone treatment was the best way for her to go; should she have tried other methods first?  Her friend helped her decide that this was the only way to go, he has been in this program before as he has been using for 4 or 5 years.  I did not have a choice in her treatment options, she was dead set on this because of him.  She now can not stand him, doesn't want anything to do with him.  She is only 20, used pills for a couple years, this year is when the H use started, used for a month or so (sniffed) in Jan-Feb., injected 3 times around March, April, didn't touch it again till the middle of Aug. then some friends were using, so she went along with them and used for about 1 month, then a  6 day detox and back out there..for about 3 weeks. (with the above mentioned)
But now after 3 1/3 weeks of  meth. clinic the changes that I have seen have been incredible; she actually likes being home; with family, tv, dog, napping, would rather do this than to go out most of the time.  So I guess that this program was a life saver for her and us.  It sure beats not knowing where she is, who she was with, and if she would be alive the next day.
that makes me feel pretty optimistic that your husband who had been using for 25 years and has been clean since 1997.  thanks.
my daughter has not been using that long, so I'm hoping and praying for the best.  She has signed up for a 6 month methadone program, but her doctor and a few others have told her to go onto the methadone maintenance program (no set time to get off), this really scares me, but I don't want her to push too fast and go back to using either.  She went from 35 - 80 mg. in less than one week and they did offer her two more times to increase, which she refused.  She also about 2 weeks ago, had them drop her dose to 75 mg.  (we noticed that she was falling asleep-mid sentence, was messed up looking) this has helped.  This week she wants to drop another 5 mg. and try this for a week or two.  The clinic says that they will drop you 5 mg. every week till you are at 30 mg. then they drop by 1 mg.  Does this sound like a good way?  She is afraid of the wd.
The program mentioned above is a 12-step program, so she has to be willing to want to work within those parameters.  Good luck...it sounds like she is on the right path to sobriety.
i havent gone thru any withdrawl yet,im still trying to lower my dosage of vicodin
Put it down on paper, so you won't change the schedule.

I created a spreadsheet with a declining schedule and, although I did not adhere to it exactly, day after day, my daily amount went down.

Then, when you look back over a two week period, you see that it's going down and you realize you can do it, you are doing it.

When you get down to 3 or less per day, clearer thinking should return, which is when you say to yourself "What in the hell have I been doing to myself?".

You will then be more comitted than ever to get to the final number per day.

ZERO.

Good luck - Rex
So ........the topic of the day is "What Drug has the Worst Withdrawl" Simple.....XANAX!! Try kicking it alone in the nice warm privacy of your Apt.or Home and 8 hours after your last dose you may fall into a deep coma and die!! XANAX is one tough mother! Opiates are a piece of cake!! VICODIN....PERCOSET...MSCONTIN...MSIR...DILAUDID...all chlid's play compared with Xanax!! After 4 days in your nice,warm bedroom with Imodium AD for your Diareah....Clonidine(a high blood pressure medication)for your hot and cold flashes and night sweats.....Flexeril(A muscle relaxant)for your stomach and leg spasms (the leg spasms is where they get the term "kicking the habit")milk of magnesia for vomiting and St. John's Wort(can be found in any health food store or supermarket)for anxeiety(the shakes) you can beat the Opiates and opioids!! Nothing will help you to kick Xanax.....NEVER START!
Can anyone refer me to an opiate conversion chart?
HI..new to this..I am wonderig about any success with a crack addition?
Hey I heard the term drug screen.  Will people not
hire you if you have drugs in your system like percocet
even if you have a prescip for them.  Do they consider
that failing the drug test.  I am presently tapering off
of percocet from a knee surgery, then got hooked, and I
am trying so hard to get this job, and they just did
a drug test.  I havent heard nothing yet.

anyone know......

Darn I was addicted to alcohol, replaced if with these
lousy percocets I cant get off of and now I am burning
myself again.

Thanks Madeline
As long as you are honest, it shouldn't be a problem.

It is almost certain that they are looking for MArijuana, Coke and the like.

Good luck...

Rex

ps. on the percs, you are no different than the rest of us. Look around here for a while - you will find lots of solutions...

Hi Madeline,

I think that if you have a perscription for the med it will  be OK.  How could they do that to someone?  You need pain med some of the time! It wouldn't be fair. I wish you luck.
I have never had any withdrawal or even heard of any from xanax.  But anyway I guess I need a "recipe" ( have seen a little of this Thomas recipe or basically any pointers or secrets anyone knows of to avoid the physical w/d from cheva/black tar.  I have been using about 3 month now...different doses.  Weening doesn't seem to work for me either..so I do anywhere froma $20 to well over a gram a day.  

Can anyone out there HELP ME!!!????
thanks
My daughter is being sent to a rehab via the court system in NY state. She is on the Methadone clinic, at 40 mgs. She is so scared about just being forced to get off methadone "cold turkey." She asked to placed some where that she could go off slowly, but they won't hear of it. They told her she shouldn't have went on Methadone. She will now begin to withdraw by herself. What will happen to her? What will her symtoms be? Is that even legal do you think, to force someone to do that without any medical assistance?
Thanks for any advice...
Erin
How long as she been on 40 mg?  That will make a difference.  The longer the worse it is.  Most places that I know should give her something to help with the withdrawals, clonodine, etc.
Tell me more about this. As her mother you may have some influence in this.  After all it is a medical isssue.

Sharon
Sharon,
She has been on 40 mgs. for 3 months. I can not help her because she is 23 years old. So, they will not talk with me. I did write a letter to the judge at the court where she is appearing. He did take my letter into a lot of consideration, which I couldn't believe! Even the prosecuter agreed with me. How strange is that? But her probation officer will not hear of it. She said my daughter is going away and that's it. I always thought the judge was the decider, but I guess not. She actually told my daughter, it's her problem, and she shouldn't have gone on methadone. How ridiculous! I would think that there would be some sort of law, protecting people from this type of thing? It's kind of inhumane. But where my daughter is being sent,(rehab) they do not offer methadone, or anything else. My daughter was even going to ask to be sent to jail instead, so she could get methadone therapy. But they won't give it to her either.
She's so scared. What do you think will happen to her?
Thanks for your time also....
~Erin
Erin,

I can't imagine anyplace letting her suffer too much. Especially if it is a rehab hospital.  They will probably try to make her as comfortable as possible.  One thing in her favor though is that she is on a low dose and for a short period of time, that in itself is a godsend!!! Email me if you want to talk more about it.

***@****
Hello, I have a question about withdrawals and how long I can expect to have them. I started doing some Percocets at night to help me get to sleep and I won't lie I also enjoyed the high. Eventually I didn't get the same effect and the dosage had to go up.Then it got to the point where it wasn't fun anymore I just had to take more. As my tolerance grew, so did my need. A so called friend of mine stared selling me his script for 30mg Roxicodone. They were nice and a lot stronger than the 5 or 10 mg Percocets. At first it was just a nightly thing but now has become every 4 to 6 hours. The dose I take is not the full 30 mgs each time though. I do realize if I continue taking them my tolerance with grow even more. I've started taking Oxycontins at low levels just to be able to sleep the night through without having to wake up in pain to take more of the shorter lasting Roxy's. The problem I'm facing know may be the best thing to happen to me. I can no longer get the supply of pills I once could. Now I have to get what's available on the street level. I don't like this feeling of unsurety. I do know that I will experience withdrawals if I stop cold turkey now. What I need to know how long they will last. I have just gotten some 40 mg Metadose tablets. I've tried breaking them into eighths and they seem to last longer and relieve any withdrawals from the other pills. How long can I take the Methadose and not get hooked on them? I'm taking only 5mgs at a time now. Would  doing this for a short time help me beat the Roxy and Oxy withdrawals? Any information you can tell me would greatly help!
hi ive been injecting dilaudid 8mg x4-6 times aday, i want to stop, but i know i cant go cold turkey ended up in the hospital last year start from 3 days only in a detox center my kindenys started to fail, shut down and i was badly dehidrated and everything was out of wack, potasium and salt lever everthing stared to shut down even my liver and my memory started to go before i even mad  it to the detox ,anway ended up in hosptal after 3 days in detox pucking up my bile and al the crapy things that go along with it. i just wanted to start eating my pills the way im supposed to do 2 -8mg four times a day for my cronic neck and back  pain, i want to know can i go from injecting to eating them and getting away with 4 a day , i just dont want to get sick, and if you could also tell me what i can also take over the counter vitamins to help i f ill have w/d so after and almost dieing last summer im scared but i got to stop this craziness. signed SCARED TO DEATH
Im very worried about my husband he is on norco and morphine and yesterday while we were driveing he had a very bad spell we had to take our kids and him to the nearest gas station i called 911 and well he is home now im scared yesterday i thought i might loose my best friend all because of those harsh drugs . i learned he has been having severe anxity at night thoughts of death and sweats can anyone help me help him ? Thanks a concerned Wife and Mother
Hi there!

I'm so sorry about what you are going through :(

No One has answered you because this thread is from half a decade ago!! Try going to the top of this page and hitting the green button that says "post a ques
tion" and start your own thread.  You will get many more responses that way, as people tend to look over old threads.  There are a ton of nice people here willing to help you!
My vote goes to Methadone for the pain factor and the how long it takes before you feel better factor.  My 2nd vote goes to the other big boy on the block nowadays BARS. Xanax w/d ***** just as much but for diffrent reasons. You get the shakes, convulsions in the worst cases. you dont sleep for at least ten days and your heart beats so hard it actually makes your whole body move along with the beats. I know this because I got thrown in jail for ten days while on a meth program at 135mg/day plus taking 5 xanax bars daily. So i went cold turkey from that. Didnt sleep a wink for the ten days. I could tell the meth was bad because I didnt even start withdrawing bad till day 3. The xanax had me dyin the first 3 days. Then they mixed sort of. I actually became quite mentally f-ed up after about 8 days. I started having these waking dreams that they were letting me go to starbucks to get coffee. :) So I was delusional to the fullest. Don't recomend it.

LI am a 36 old mother of severely mentally handicapped daughter. I am also an oxycontin addict, i have been in treatment for the last 6 months. I have been taking suboxone for 110 days, i have a constant nauseated feeling, very, very low energy. Is this normal? Because it is affecting my life to the point i am not functioning at all , the house is a mess, and it takes all my energy to just to provide the basic care my daughtet needs. I fear relapse everday. Plz help. I feel desperate and stuck in a cycle that i thought would have passed by now.ty!nd i am
me 2 it *****, the worst thing ever. what work is tramadol, you can buy it online with out a scrip. it cost alot $140 for 180 pills and its c.o.d. but it works because it is a opioid.
You might not have noticed but this is an old thread. Also if you were to read the many new 'threads', you would see that Tramadol is highly addictive and I have read that the w/d's from that are as bad if not worse than any opiate. Do yourself a favor, choose life over the evil that is pills. If we can do it..no doubt you can too. If you want help, start a new thread.
  I understand what you are going through,  I have been on and  off opiates for 16 years and am now back on them for a serious back injury.  I run out,  I cry,  the depression from it is unbearable.  As unbearable as the addiction.  I quit for awhile to,  cold turkey and stayed clean for two years but it came back when I got hurt.  No surgeon will operate on me,  the bones in my spine are calcified, I have bone spurs, two compressed discs and Severe Disc Degenerative Desease and the reason they wont do surgery is because I could get worse or the bones could shatter.  I don't know about that one,  atleast I can still walk but only when I am pumped full of painkillers. Otherwise I walk like a 80 year old and I am only 48.There have been times I have felt suiciadal over it but God keeps me hanging on and for what reason I really don't know.  You keep your head up,  it's people like you that are helping me.  Thanks.
Benzos, Barbs, Dones, and Alcohol, though dones probably take the cake on this one since the w/ds from them last so long.  Saw my friend w/d from alcohol cold turkey no meds and he was delirious wasn't really in reality I think he was having delirium tremors.  Opiates vary hydrocodone and oxy and those type of opiates aren't as intense but last a little longer (4-7 days) while morphine and anything similar are shorter in duration (3 days) but a lot more painful.  One of my friends was able to quit oxy np got hooked on morphine and now he's on subs, just to give you an idea.  When it comes right down to it, anything that can kill you from w/ding is the worst.
"Do yourself a favor, choose life over the evil that is pills."  Couldn't have said it better myself.
HERION IS PAINFUL TO GET OFF OF BUT AFTER A WEEK IN DETOX YOU'RE ALOT BETTER AND ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY...WHEREAS XANAX IS A KILLER.  IF YOU ARE ON BENZO'S FOR A LENGTH OF TIME...GOD HELP YOU.  THEY HAVE NOTHING TO EASE THE HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE YOU MAY GO THROUGH..HALLUCINATIONS...SEIZURES.  I WENT THROUGH IT AND ALL I CAN SAY IT WAS THE WORSE THING THAT HAPPENED IN MY LIFE.  EVEN NOW, I DON'T TAKE THEM, I STILL FEEL BAD FROM THE HORRIFIC DETOX.  HEROIN DOES NOT DO THAT.  THEY CAN GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO EASE YOUR PAIN WITH HEROIN BUT NOT WITH XANAX. tUNLESS IT'S ANOTHER BENZO, THERE IS NOTHING.
Ok this is gonna sound unexpected and outta the box here but, I have done lots and lots of drugs and overdosed 2 times on heroin. And although the worst experiance from coming down off any drug like your question states is to me alcohol i mean i can almost get outta bed if push really hard i go a day without my H but suboxone was pretty ******* bad to excuse my language lol now that I think bout it but alcohol was by far worse than any other drug but that suboxone hangover was pretty bad too. and i went a year straight on taking about 100mg a day so I know what i'm talking bout. I think that Opiates can be pretty bad if just 1 day you dont have any around then yeah it does last bout a good month of staying sober to be somewhat normal again. but ALCOHOL I cannot deny it, it was the worse withdraw I have ever had and some people their liver will shut down and besides mental of alcohol the people around you watched you act completely stupid . I guess cause this drug is legal no matter how many people it has hurt and kill and ruined their work day when alcoholics wake up for an epic drink night.
oxycontin, etc. is a walk in the park compared to methadone, subs. Had i know than what i know now! I quit "done" for 2 YEARS MATE, and still didnt feel right, i went back, stupid! You can never get off. 99.8% failure rate!
Thank you so much for all your comments. I am 51 and have been on valium since i was 17 so 34 years. I cannot find any dextox to take me I did go off them in 1999 and for some time lost my eyesite I was 3 weeks in dextox and it was hell to say the least but now detox will only take people for 5 to 7 days I am very scared, I wish you all the best I do truly understand.
I've recently come out of crisis from the ugliness of this disease. I'm just going to hare a few things I've learned from one of the oldest recovery center's in this country. I was shocked to find out that alcohol is just about the most dangerous substance to detox from when you've gotten so far in your disease that your body is riddled with toxicity including things like alcohol induced hepatitis, enlarged liver, enlarged spleen/pancreous, infected kidneys, bone marrow so low you may need a marrow donation like a leukemia patient, blood so thin if you fall you could drown in your own body from internal bleeding. Not to mention the violence of the effect of the actual detox process. I witnessed the horrors first hand and even thru an introvenus ativan/haloperidol protocol for 6 days what the devastating effect of alcohol can be. As awful as it is and as lucky as the person I witnessed go thru it is to live today.....the is only one detox thats worse. If you are some who has been abusing barbiturates/benzos/opiates and drinking alcohol with them. Then its 30 days if the most horrific detox IF you survive it. I've read throughout these comments that some are of the thought process to "do it myself". Thats the disease talking and the one thing this disease wants is to continue to be fed until you're dead. You can't go thru weaning/tapering and detox by yourself without professional medical help specialized in substance abuse. GO TO THE ER/HOSPITAL/REHAB. You will not survive this disease at home and you and your loved one's are not equipped to handle this. Everyone you're worried will find out....will be far prouder you for asking for help....than showing up to pay respects at your funeral realizing the torture you were carrying inside trying hide this from the world. It tried "under dr.'s orders" to help me loved detox at home.....was sent home with an RX of librium and told to keep them hydrated. They couldn't keep down liquids..vomited 17 times in the first 3 hours until they were choking on it and I heard the "death rattle". Then there was the convulsions, and DT"s....I did manage to get them to the ER before the really bad **** started. But that night I almost watched my loved one die. The dr.'s at the ER were horrified to find out that we were ever advised to do this at home. Bless each and everyone one you! I send prayers and healing thoughts to you all and any of your loved ones battling this disease.
Sup everyone Imma young female 28 and have been on diff types of drugs since i was 18.First was Meth for about 3 years decided to quit cold turkey after hitting rock bottom..My withdrawals for a few months was sleeping ALL the damn time, depression and mood swings.The depression for me has been long term.Still havent been the same since my meth use! Now its pain killers anywhere from perks,norcs,tabs,tramadol...STILL the withdrawals are awful but honestly for me TRAMADOL has been the worse for me Vomiting,diarreah,insomnia or cant stay awake,chills,sweats,night terrors,mood swings,depression,suicidal thoughts, you catch my drift tho right?? The crap is horrible and I wish I would have never gotten on them.I hate life now and stay so depressed and have tried to quit so many times :(
from one to ten the worst street drugs including acholic
You replied to a thread that's 12 years old
Benzos... 100% absolute nightmarish hell! Several people who go through withdrawals are never the same after & in a horrible, horrible way. I'm tempted everyday to go back to them because after being on them for about 20 years then a 1 1/2 month fast taper off, I'm someone I don't like or recognize and can't stand being in my own crawling skin. I just want to feel normal. I have become a complete hermit. Can't even be around family very long w/o feeling awkward. I even feel awkward around my freakin dog! It's been five months since I quit and the mental anguish is completely unbearable. I still have physical **** too. The worst right now is "jelly legs" and extreme fatigue. And as for methadone & suboxone, that is a money making scam. Why would you use a more addictive poison to come off the initial addictive poison?? The pharm companies don't want to lose $$ and control to the street dealers so they made a pharmaceutical version of just about every street drug to make sure the $ stays in their greedy pockets.
So yeah, I've come off of 100's of mgs of morphine, oxy, soma, ultram, oxymorphone (missing a few)... all of those were cake compared to benzos. Clonazapam in particular.