Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
what helps perc withdrawl(withdrawal) pain?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Like I said in "Roll Call". I am starting all over again. Anyone know what helps with perc withdrawl (withdrawal) pain I took around 14 a day give or take a few. I have tried to taper but dont have the will power, everytime I do I screaw it up. So cold turkey is the only way. Is that harmful or should I just do it? I am scared, alone and just want to get through the worst of this. If I can just make it through the physical pain I hate this life so much I would never do anything to bring myself back to it. So I try again.
Congrats on wanting to get off of the pills. At the bottom of the page is a link for the Thomas Recipe which has helpful ideas on vitamins to take and other stuff to help ease withdrawal symptoms. Staying hydrated, hot epsom salts baths as hot as you can stand them, good vitamins, and moving around as much as possible will help ALOT. Just try to deal with each symptom as they happen and think positive and you will make it through :))
Hey Sodon.....nah, to me, the best way to do it is just bite the bullet and do it!  Cold turkey!  Get it done and over with!  Me, as an addict, I had ALOT of trouble with tapering (b/c it sucked!) lol, so C/T was the only way for me to go as well.  Just a few things that helped me through the worst part:
1.  Hot epsom salt bathes.  I took like 3/4 a day, definately helped with aches, pains, creepy crawly feelings, etc.
2. Good multivitamins, magnesium, potassium, vit c, L-Tyrsoine, Gaba 750
3. Music, music, music, oh, and did i mention......MUSIC!  When I had to get out of my head!
4. Rest and time.....
You can do this, for sure!  Yes, you were taking alot, so NO, it's not going to be a walk in the park, but it will be doable.  If you really want this crap out of your system, just bite the bullet and do it!!!!!!  I will keep you in my prayers!  Push yourself, we are capable of alot more than we think we are (one thing I've learned!)