Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
what is the difference whne going ct if you snort your pills rather tha...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

what is the difference whne going ct if you snort your pills rather than eating them?

ok i have been wondeirng this for a while i snort and chew my oxys and percs and i was wondering does it make a big difference when going through withdrawal?
Yes, the first thing you want to do is STOP snorting OR chewing OR taking more than 1 at a time. You want a slow release into the blood stream. Not a high.
snorting the oc kills the extended half life, so actually its a good thing if your really quitting because the w/d wont last as long.  Chewing oc also kills the extended portion. Percs it really doesnt matter since there just straigt oxycodone without release coating, snorting aspirin is no no...dont waste your time.
i was talking from a cold turkey stand point...like i did. I chewed mine, snorting just wasnt something i could do, made me feel do drug like lol...If i took them with extended release it would have been longer w/d.
From the aspect of the Perc's no, but the Oxy's I think it may. Chewing the Oxy gives you an instant release which give you a quicker bigger high. Ultimately though I think the the issue is how much Oxy you are/were taking as that is the one thing that will make the big difference when it comes to w/d's. Oxy's were my DOC along with Perc's so if you have any specific questions, please PM me.
Doubt it'll make too much of a difference, but if you snorted them it might make withdrawals a little bit worse but shorter in duration.
i agree withsunnyone802. i have been snorting percs 512s and the large yellow schoolbuses every day for over 2 years.$300-$400 a we sometimes more.you are defineitly spiking your dose,its so hard to curb. i was(i thought very lucky ) to have more than any one person should ever have (recreational) no injury, & no doc just knew the right people so i thought, they are still my friends and they repect my choice! just not the cold cold turkey.the cravings are set off much faster.you also have to worry about the blood level spikes this is very dangerous,i snorted atleast 20 or more everyday, morn, midmorn,midday, so on and so one, sone days i didnt sleep for 3 to 4 days at a time. i worked in a major automotive plant for 15 years, i hid it well form the company man never tested for the purcs. lucky ooh yeathe noise bleeds and the sores in my nose, thankful for neosporan, ive working on my third day clean it is the haedest thig ive rever went though. i took a layoff from the plant for a while so i can try to do this my self. i hope this amino acids protoccal works. anyone else now anything different for the snorter of percs would love to hear about it  take care chubbers best of luck be strong this is something i am not.
snorting/chewing spikes blood levels and will make wd harder
why does the snorting make wd harder and what do you mean by spiked bloodlevels.wooried878 you seem to know about this subject, my be you can give me more imformation about this spiked blood level. please help . thanks if you have time to post me and any one else who has knowledege about this spikes blood level. please help!            sherri in nc
spiking the blood levels means a sudden rise in blood levels of the active compound in a drug. if you chew or snort oxys, you bypass the time release mechanism and get a sudden elevation of oxycodone in your blood -- and a high. this creates a stronger addictive response to the drug than if it was slowly entering your blood stream via a time-release mechanism.

some ppl say that you will have shorter wds if you snort b/c w/out the time release mechanism it should also clear faster from your bloodstream, thus shorten wds. but it is the rush of drug you get addicted to and what causes you to crave when you are w/out...so I don't see how it could really make any difference. wd is wd -- ya gotta go through it and it will still be ~4-7 days.