Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
what looks likes vicodin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

what looks likes vicodin

Hello. I am in desperate need to pick up a script from my pain management doctor however he wants me to turn in my old bottle of the 7.5 mg vicodin to get the new rx for 10 mg. However as you might guess I don't have enough pills to give to him but I desperately need this new rx, so I was wondering if there is anything out there like over the counter that I can give them to get this new script. I know this sounds very shady but I do not have any preventative meds and my imitrex injections are giving me heart problems and was warned by my primary care to not use these anymore so that is why I have been relying solely on the vicodin. I am also going for surgery in two weeks for an implant that hopefully will work and I can stop this vicious cycle of needing so much medication. Please help in any way Thank-you   Malissa
hon, they are going to know instantly if you give them 'fake vicodin'.....its best just to be honest and tell him you don't have as much as you should. Otherwise, you could end up really making your doctor mad, ya know. can't you just tell your doc that you went through them cuz you are in pain? I mean, he is upgrading you to norcos now, so that's what I would say if I were you. That I was in alot of pain, and went through my script too fast.

jen
i completelt agree with cinna on this one... if your dr. is in fact putting you on 10mgs, then just be honest with him. Dr's are not stupid, especially pain management ones. They see ALL kinds of crazy "schemes" everyday from ppl trying to dupe them into getting more pills. If you attempt this, you more than likely will be busted by him and discharged as a patient. I know from experience, that when your just plain honest with your dr. your more likely to receive his help, then if you try and pull a fast one. Dr's have alot of respect when a pt. is open and honest, my PC dr. told me i was a "breath of fresh air" since he's so tired of pt's lying to him.

honesty is ALWAYS the best policy!!!!!

good luck....

luv ya,
tink  :)
Hewillknow
Welcome to the world of addiction.............

try putting some Alka-Seltzer tabs in the bottle that might fool them....lol
Great advice from the posters above.  Good luck to you!

Shelby
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT LOOKS LIKE VICODAN THAT I COULD GIVE MY FRIEND WHO HAS NO BUSINESS TAKING THEM TO BEGIN WITH, any recommendations?
Is your friend an addict? If so he/she will know and if he/she is addicted this will cause extreme agony and that is not going to help. You would better help your friend and discuss your worries about taking vics
This is a post from 2007..  Start a new thread if you have qusetions about a similar situation.