Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
what should I ask my MD for? I'm on day 22 clean of Percocet........

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

what should I ask my MD for? I'm on day 22 clean of Percocet.....

Hey gang.......today is day 22 off of Percocet, I am about to go to the doctor, I have no desire to get anything narcotic for my pain(herniated discs w/ nerve impingement)........can anyone recommend any non-narcotic/non-habit forming pain medication? I do not want to go through w/d's again......I learned first-hand that taking percocet, as directed for over a year(7.5/325 every 4 hours)can still get you addicted even if you're not abusing it . I don't want my orthopedist to tell me that I'm being silly and try to give them to me again....I'd rather go in there knowing what to ask for so he sees that I'm serious and that I've researched it.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Congrats on day 22 you are doing sooo good.  Maybe you shouldn't ASK him for anything , just tell him the whole situation and see what the Dr says.  MY husband has had a cervical fusion  and herniated disc - he does very physical work-construction- and gets through with advil. I hope you get some relief.  Oh..maybe an aleve? At least you know you dont want narcotics- way to stay strong! TEENA
mabye tridural?  my doc tried to get me to changed to that at the beginning of my percocet "challenge"  he said it works just as good, but not addictive, but after the first pill i was rushed to emergency because i had a reaction, but they said it is very uncommon to have a reaction to that if you dont from codeine or oxy. and no i dont get why it is in the same family as morphine but dosnt get you hooked but its true, ask your dr. about it