Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
who had a friend quit with them? then...
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

who had a friend quit with them? then...

Well one of my best friends quit with me this time. We didnt plan it but it worked out that way. We did the ususal hey were doing it calls and texts everyday. We supported one another. I have a week and it feels so good. He isnt responding to me or any of my texts. Im not stupid and I can just sense that hes fallin down. I mean cmon, wouldnt you want to talk a good  friend a your first week off drugs? Of course you would. The only thing tthat would stop me is if I felt guilty and had nothing good to say. I do love him and hope hes ok. I feel bad for him. He thinks after care is for all the other addicts not him. Hell see the light one day. I sure hope I am wrong and all is fine and hes still clean. Im alittle sad cause its back to just me. Im also sad because I cant have friends that use opiates and that means I dont have any friends left. On second thought maybe I should be happy. Happy I realized the power of pills and have taken the steps to at least make it one f n week!!! I need new friends. Period!
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
495284_tn?1333897642
Try and just focus on your recovery.  Hopefully your friend is okay.  You will find once you get into your recovery more that many of these people werent really the friends you thought they were.  They were only "using" friends.  You will develop healthy friendships from the fellowship of your meetings. It takes a bit but it does happen.    sara
Blank
1481358_tn?1288298691
I was right. He fell down.
  Sarah-It hurts because my friends have been friends for along time. Way before pills were around. Way before they turned into using friends. Youre very right. I wont loose focus if anything I will focus more. Having clean friends is so important to me now. Im done ***** footing around.
Blank
495284_tn?1333897642
I know it hurts and it will for awhile but you are what is important now.  Your recovery has to be the No1 thing.  Who knows, maybe your friends will see the improvements you have made and will follow suit~~~sara
Blank
1481358_tn?1288298691
I hear ya sarah. Ill take your advise for sure. Maybe my friends follow suit but not worrying if they do or not will make things easier on me.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...