why does a doctor prescribe pain pills and methadone together?
i just dont understand why the dr. would prescribe any opiate and methadone pills too, when methadone is a blocker for opiates.i know that as a person on methadone, i cant get high on oxys or percs. so how does it help for pain if the meth is blocking it? does anyone else ever wonder that?
methadone is a long lastin pain medicne. It was created for pain, not addicts
methadone doesnt block opiates. it is any opiate that offers a more steady, less intense high. which is why it is used to wean people off the opiates that they do abuse
Methadone can be used for pain as well.  I think a lot of docs reason that they will lower the dose of vicodin/percocet/oxys, whatever and then have the person on methadone, which for some reason they think is easier to get off of.  Doctors definitely don't know everything they are supposed to know!
patagon is right...methadone is not a blocker...suboxone and subutex are!
The doctor is an idiot
Doctors are definitely idiots!  You probably just had a high tolerance, which creates a "cross-tolerance" so that even if you don't use your drug of choice, you will still have to take more of whatever it is you are taking otherwise.
i dosed at 100 mgs one day years ago. i went to a friends house and did 2 of the yellow dilaudids.  i didnt feel a thing.so thats why ive always thought it was a blocker. and yes the drs. are idiots!
No no no,  The methdone has a blocking presence because it is so much stronger that it attaches to your receptors easier.  Then some idiot trys to take something like herion, and they dont feel it.  Cause the receptors in your brain that grab up those opiates that make you feel so good are already full.  So, some people believe they have built a tollerance, and eventually countinue to use the ****, and they die....hopefully, a great herion high.  But I doubt it.  Do use methadone with other opiates unless you have plenty money to waste.  Just stop the methadone
methadone DOES block Morphine Diliadid pardon spelling@ anything but demorol in me, I certainly wish that isn't the case but it is. Rob1895
No. Methadone is an opiate similar to morphine. It is used to prevent withdrawal symptoms in those trying to get off heroin and other narcotics. It is also used as a pain reliever.
http://www.drugs.com/methadone.html