Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
will klonipin(klonopin) show positive on a benzo urine test?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

i have been told several stories concerning whether klonipin (klonopin) will give a positive result in a urine benzo test.  i am going to be tested randomly and am taking klonipin (klonopin), having switched from xanax, and was told that the klonipin (klonopin) would not show up in the test for benzos.  i need medication for anxiety and am currently undergoing daily methadone maintanence and am not supposed to have benzos in my system.  so i would like to know if it safe for me to take the klonipin (klonopin) with out suffering repurcussions  with my methadone treatment.  thanks for your help
klonopin is a benzo...its not safe with methadone
I agree with wait2long...I also take klonopin, and it does show up...
hope this helps
r2r

The others are right it will not tell what benzo, though it will in fact show up,72 hrs. and a bunch of water may flush it out if needed . I am not sure of the circumstances surrounding your meds.
If any doctor has prescribed this for you ,They should write you a note to refer to when taking the urine test. Alot of meds. are not suppose to be taken together though doctors    feel it is medically needed to take. This is where your note would help.
Benzos show up as benzos....on most urine tests...it will not specify whether it is valium, xanax or klonipen but it will show up as a benzo...get that note from the doctor who presribed it as you know how they will get you in trouble at those clinics and cut u off eventually...my son worked at one...it is not recommended to take benzos with methadone...does the doc who wrote u the scrip for the klonipen know about the methadone?
This is weird but one night I couldn't sleep and one of my parents gave me two Klonopin. I took these around 10-11pm. The next morning I went to the clinic around 6AM and got a UA. I was so bummed because I knew that I was going to lose my take homes. But when I got the results back, I had passed the UA. I don't know how or why it showed up negative, but it did.

i took klonipin (klonopin) while at the clean its take 72 hrs to show in the ua but it takes 1 to 2 weeks to get out after that depending how mush you pee.