will they take my child away for useing weed
I am seven in a half months pregent and i have been smokeing weed and my questions is do they take kids away from parents who smoke weed i know they take kids away from parents who smoke cocaine i smoke weed with my daughter and she is 4 she turned out fine and the doctor said nothing about it i was told there was a new law past and they were takeing kids away from parents who have any drugs in there systeam can someone let me know if they take kids away from mothers who smoke weed
First have you ever been in trouble b4, and does she actually smoke the weed I'm guessing she is just in the room and you talking second hand smoke right. Has she been tested and why are they testing her, you can say it's none of my bus. but it may lead to could/couldn't they take her away
Well, if any drugs detected in your system and Doc are required to notify social services - they can take your baby AND your daughter away. Its the law. I would suggest you to stop smoking weed right now. If you really care and love your kids, you will stop for your kids' sake. Losing child(ren) over smoking a pot... ask yourself this, is it worth it?
i don't know if they automatically test all babies or just the ones that they witness going through w/d's

but as a mother myself...i have to ask you...where are your priorities?  can you not stop or is it that you do not want to stop?  you have the choice of insuring that neither of them are taken...stop now!
Wouldnt this depend where you live..

I have never heard of them doing that in Canada...or at least Ontario Canada...I have alot of friends that puff while in their pregancies..I cant relate..however...No one I know has ever had their kid taken away...as of yet...
I didnt smoke weed thru my pregancy..

and my son is HYPER.....lol

and Ive seen people have such calm babies....
Id have to agree they dont know much about it...really......because everyone is different....
they won't take your child away for smoking weed but they will if your not taking care of your child.  Does it get in the way.  I would quit smoking weed now or at least cut down if your really addicted.  I smoked a little while I was preg. and my child is hyper its probably my fault they don't know enough about it so stop if you can.  
well i just wanted to let you know that you should stop smoking now because my friend is having a kid and they told her that she has to take a blood test after she has her baby and if anything including weed comes up in your system then child services get involved and they can take your child away from you so if u love that baby your carrying and you want to be a good mother then sstop now.
Nope its fkin weed girl aint a damn thang they can do bout it.
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us