Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
win or lose

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

win or lose

Has any heard of suboxen? I have been on pills for two years now, taking percocet and oxycontin. I use to take them orally and two years ago a friend got me to sniff them. I was going on 4 days sober then a friend sold my wife and I 30 oc 40's and now i feel like i messed up the whole 4 days and got to go through the hell of withdrawlling again. What can I do to help quit. I have arthritis of the spine, two herniated disc and degenterative disc disease and without the pills im in so much pain. I feel like im in a no win situation. With the pills I can play with my kids and live a fuctional life and without them I go through withdraws and the pain is so bad I feel like a bad father cause my kids want to play. I tried to taper off of them but with a addiction and having my pills in front of my I just ruin it. How long does it take to feel normal? Do you ever feel normal again? This is the hardest drug to quit and I wish I never started them. Im just looking to talk to ppl going through the same thing as me and some insite on what I can do. Thank you
welcome..I never did oxy, but many here have, it is late, and if you dont' get many repsonses please come back in the morning...I can relate, I am a mother of 4, a wife, and addicted to lortabs for 3 yrs...It started with pain ,and then you know that story..Well i am clean now for almost 7 months thanks to this forum...I went c/t, and it was hell, but now i know why i dont' want to go back....many here are on sub, or have used sub to detox...and had great results...This is a very good option for you...I know what you mean about your kids...i felt the same way...Looking at their innocent smiles, just made me want to kick this **** even more...
god bless
r2r
Thanks for writing, nobody knows of my wife and mine addiction and it really does hurt when are kids want to play and we are both sick from wd and to know if we do one pill it will all go away. Like i said before we just relasped and now were planning how to withdrawl (withdrawal) again. I wish I never started pills and with the help of this forum I think we can make it. When did you start feeling normal again. We were 4 days clean and i was still puking and going throught the cold and hot sweats and the pain was unbareable. We tried cold turkey to and to taper but to have the pills we just abused them again. Thank you for writing.