Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
writing a letter to a judge asking for mandatory ************** of a lo...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

writing a letter to a judge asking for mandatory ************** of a loved one

My brother is addicted to drugs and is unable to stop on his own, the drugs are hard core.  He has gone to jail several times for having drug paraphanalia.  He comes before a judge again the end of the month.  Can you suggest the best way to write a letter to the judge asking him to rmandate that he goes to a ************** program?
I'd suggest contacting the DA that's prosecuting his case and ask him for guidance.
Discuss this with him first and let him know that you love him and only want to help.  Talking to his lawyer and asking for his advice might be a good way to proceed.  Forcing someone into rehab may backfire as you will lose his trust.  He must want to get sober to get sober.  Go to alanon meetings and get help for yourself you will need it.
You stated that he went to jail for possession of drug paraphernalia, not drugs. Most, like my son did, go to rehab to avoid more jail time. And resume their old habits once they are 'clean' from rehab. Someone has to 'want' to be free from an addiction without playing games. It's his choice, sorry to say, not yours.