xanax and melatonin
i take 1mg xanax in morning, then 1.5 mg xanax before bed....still cant sleep sometimes....can i take some melatonin as well?  calle dpharmacy, and she said just to space it ot.....any thoughts?

Thanks all
you may still take melatonin...its an amino acid that occurs naturally in food we ingest....if you happen to take too much it will merely be excreted in urine and stool........melatonin is a picky rascal....take it about 1-2 hours before anticipated sleep to reset your biological clock. Sleep in a dark atmosphere.....even lights from electronics being on will defeat the idea....as will a streetlight outside your window at night....I had better luck with diphenhydramine (benadryl) for an OTC thing......RX trazodone is much better in my opinion...works and not addictive nor habit forming........
I take a valerian root/passiflora (passion flower) pill that has hops and catnip in it and it works with me. I've found with melatonin and benadryl that the less I take the better it seems to work. I don't think xanex for sleep is a good thing unless it is anxiety keeping you awake. I,m no expert but if you can take 1.5 mg of xanex and not sleep there is something else going on. blessings
Been on em forever...Tolerence