Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
xanex withdrawal

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

xanex withdrawal

I have been taking 0.5 mg of xanex on a need only basis for panic attacks for about 3 weeks now. I take 40 mg of impromine daily as well. I don't take xanex everyday just when I start to get these awful shaking in my hands arms, etc. It freaks me out and I get scared so I take .5 xanex. Sometimes just once a day if that. I feel better when I take one it calms me down but I don't want to be addicted. How can I come off of xanax safely? Could this be why I'm shaking?
If you're taking the Xanax because of shaking, then more than likely the shaking isn't from not taking the Xanax -- it's probably just because you're starting out with one of your panic attacks. I have bad panic attacks, and they got worse once I got sober from Percocet. You might want to let your prescribing doctor know about this, as it could or could not be from taking the Xanax. If you've only been taking the pills for three weeks, I would think that it isn't from not taking them -- but I am no means a doctor.
Avatar n tn
thanks. are you taking anything now for your panic attacks? i usually have panic attacks when I start shaking or if I feel chest pain..mostly fear of having a heart attack or something like that. I hate living like this its terrible...I want to feel like a normal person again!
Sounds like you are not addicted. you take them as needed for panic attacks.. which is what they are for.
Do you know why you are having panic attacks? That's the question.
Therapy helps a lot for panic attacks.
Avatar n tn
my panic attacks start being of the shaking that I have gets me freaked out. Have no clue what the shaking is from tho. i am starting therapy soon tho. i can't stand feeling like i have no control..
But the xanax helps with your shaking?  Is that the only symptom?  How does your chest feel during these episodes? how does your mind feel?