Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
zanax bars

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

zanax bars

how to get your girlfriend off zanax bars,she forget that she has taking them and take more they come in a bar that has 4 slots on it, she was off them and got back on then,she was doing good when not on them and now she,s like a zombie, walks funny but still talk half way good,need help in getting her off them,
I was on xanax for 20 years. I take suboxine now for morphine addication. Haven't had xanax or klonipin (klonopin) since. only 2mg valium. I miss xanax and I still crave it very much!!! My xanax came from my dr. When he took me off of them I ask him "how much anxiety do need in order to get the xanie bars"? He told me they were highly abused. therefore easy to od on. I always took 1mg pills. Does she have anxiety? Are the xanax's perscribed to her? She can't stop cold turkey, There is always a chance of a seizure. She needs to talk to her dr and taper off of them. She will need someone, a counslor, na meeting, sponser to help her not go back to using. But if she doesn't want to stop . she won't. I miss my xanax but I also realize now what a fog I lived in for 20 yrs. benzo's w/d's are the worse!!
good luck to you
& your girlfriend
paaddict
Unfortunately, your girlfriend is going to have to WANT to get off them.  Once she says she is and commits to it, work out a plan where you help her taper by holding the pills for her.  It isn't going to be easy on her and it won't be much easier on you.  I was the meanest person in the world when I was getting off the ambien.  If you truly love her, just remember it isn't all her but mostly the drugs.  

Did you know her before she was taking the xanax?  It will take a while, but if she stops, she will eventually get to her old self.  

Good Luck to both of you.
~S
she was off them for 3 weeks and was doing good no withdrows, and was in her right mind , y  she ever got back on them i dont now,, she is a lovely girl at 49 , we live in are own places so i cant be with her all the time,now she back on them and she is depending on them, i dont want to loss her again after 35 years looking to be with her again, so any help well be good at this time,
unfortunately it doesn't sound like she wants to stop. If she quit for 3 wks with no w/d's with what amount you said she was taking seems impossiable. Maybe she started sooner then 3 wks. IS she getting them from a dr? If yes, then she needs to speak to her dr. if she is getting them off the street she must have an endless supplier? Do you know any of this? I know you want to help but you will be banging your head agianst a brick wall if she doesn't want to quit/ It can only come from her.
good luck
paaddict
My friend is a Xanax abuser. I remeber before i know about , we went out for a couple drinks one nite ( I had just moved back to the area and had'nt seen him in a cauple years) He ordered one drink and then started falling off the chair and by the time he went to order the second one he couldnt talk. This went on for 2 years or so and now i have completley cut him off....He cant call or come over ever. I hated to do that but this guy was way overboard. He couldnt talk most the time and he was wreking cars and calling my phone like 24 times a day ( for real 24 times a day).

I know i have drug problems but that ZannY we call it is very bad stuff.

Hope it works out for you.
yes she get them from her dr, and was off them for 3 weeks or more,you can tell by her ,talking and movements, then she got them refilled, now back to talking slow and moving slower, but i still love her and dont want to lose her from them,it took me years to get her back, but need help with the pills, and not losing her to them,i no pills take over peoples life and they,d like there pills more with out thinking of there loved one,it the pill doing it to her,,,,iv read up on them and there realy bad if not used right,
I just lost a girlfriend to bars last week. Her fiance found her passed out and put her to bed. He checked on her every 30 mins. Trained in CPR he thought he knew what to watch for. Unfortunately the last time he checked on her she had a shallow breath. 911 was called but to late. When she got to the hospital she had no pulse and eventually was brain dead. We buried her yesterday morning. She left behind 2 children and 3 grandchildren VERY SAD! Stay off these pills and if you know someone on them get them help before it kills them. Myself I liked Somas and all mine went in the toilet when I lost my friend!! No pill is worth losing your life and causing your loved ones so much pain!! Best of luck to all of you with this problem!!
What are xanax bars????
Xanax (bars) are 2mg tablets shaped like a rectangle and scored into four 1/2mg sections.  For the average person new to the drug, 2mg will probably  make you very looped and/or put you to sleep.