Addiction Expert Forum
171 Days Clean...but sleep is another problem
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

171 Days Clean...but sleep is another problem

Hello....I am 171 days clean from Percocet and Alcohol.  Most days I feel great.  I see a counselor every week.  But sleep does not come easy.  I returned to taking Lorazepam 2mg at bedtime to sleep.  I don't feel addicted to it just can not sleep well without it.  I do not take it during the day.  What is your opinion?  I do not want any addictions.  I have tried Trazadone but all I can say is Yuck.  Ambien is addictive too.    Thank You
2126606_tn?1346348724
Benzodiazepines are highly addictive...First you have to figure how many hours of sleep do you really need (everyone is different). Then you should try to do things that will help you sleep, like NO caffeine at least for six hours before bed, warm shower or bath, relaxing activities like reading or a not very exciting TV show, warm milk and etc...We all have a biological clock and when we use outside chemicals to put us to sleep, our clock does not work naturally. It takes a bit of time and effort to regulate our natural chemicals in most cases. If nothing works give some of the natural remedies a try. They have quite a few at natural food stores...I hope this help and wish you all the best. Rest is so important for our wellbeing.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1684282_tn?1350782543
Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank
MDS Rapid Drug Detox
Southfield, MI
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now