Addiction Expert Forum
Alcohol

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Alcohol

If I drank 2 bottles of white wine wednesday night and need to take a blood alcohol level test on friday will it be positive? I am 36 yrs old, 145 pounds, and 5'7"
Hard to say for sure.  You generally burn off an ounce of alcohol per hour.  Take the ounces of wine, about 8% alcohol or so... get the number of ounces of alcohol and multiply to get the hours to metabolize it... but then you will have some breakdown products for a few hours as well that will look suspicious.  The best bet is to go back in time and don't drink the wine.
No offense, Dr Junig....but had a doctor...especially a psychiatrist, told me, " The best bet is to go back in time and don't drink the wine."  I would have fired him/her instantly....and it would have NOTHING to do with denial or anything.....I just find that comment to be VERY condescending.......