Addiction Expert Forum
Atenol withdraw symtoms(symptoms)

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Atenol withdraw symtoms(symptoms)

About 45 days ago, my Dr took me off Atenol (25 mg) and placed me on a calcium blocker  (Diaze something 120 mg).  For about 3 weeks I have been having burning feeling in my head neck and chest.  I could be just sitting resting, especially in the morning.  As I type this there is some mild symptoms.I am getting agitated over stupid things, then get depressed for no apparent reason.  I can't seem to sleep very long.  Plus now I am having pains like I never had before and ringing in my ears.  I have been under stress being a caregiver for 2 elderly parents for a long time.  Could this be a reaction to the Atenol withdrawl (withdrawal) or stress or a combination of them both.  For a few days I have no desire to leave the house, nor drive.  Frankly I am concerned about driving as I get strange feelings that my concentration level is low and my reaction time may be impaired
I am not aware of ant withdrawal reactions from the beta-blocker Atenolol that you mentioned. You need to talk to your doctor who switched the medications. You may be having higher heart rates that feel like anxiety to you. Or you may just be having anxieties that were partially controlled by the beta-blocker effect of the Atenolol (lowering the heart rate, etc..) If you are having anxieties, you may need to address those, on the other hand, if you are having cardiac issues that the calcium channel blocker is not dealing with your doctor needs to be aware of that as well. Good luck to you.