Addiction Expert Forum
Coke & Extacy

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Coke & Extacy

I am 32 years old and have been sniffing cocaine for the past 15 years of my life almost every weekend and have been popping ecstacy pills for about 8 year almost every weekend. I have just been diagnosed with neuropathy and possible diabetes. Do you think My drug addiction has anything to do it.
Agreed.  I tell my kids that there are a couple things they simply must avoid, and one is ecstasy.  In some people it is a neurotoxin that permanently destroys serotonin neurons in the brain.  Some people have died from their first use, often from hyperthermia.  And cocaine isn't a direct toxin but it depletes terminals of neurotransmitters, leading to prolonged depression and fatigue.  Taking those things with a neuropathy present is the same as a person with emphysema smoking a couple packs per day.
Its impossible to make that call over the computer. But both coke and X (whatever substance you actually get - no FDA oversight for X and I have seen Mexican Chemists laughing about what the gringo's will put in their bodies...)  - - both have strong CNS components.........and coupled with coke you normally dont make a very good attempt at nutrition. So what you are describing may be treated relatively well - - but coke and X should be completely out of the equation for you to address your health...........
I had an experience with ecstasy a long time ago that scared me and I was just a stupid college girl that has left it's mark and it ended my illegal drug use. I used it for fun on a regular basis for awhile and one night went into cardiac arrest. The police and ambulance came with a defibrillator (how embarrassing right). I am glad I have my life.

Unfortunately, my dad's side of the family is riddled with arthritic conditions, so I have it too, but I also have developed Fibromyalgia as well, which set in about 6 months after the incident (I think my serotonin and brainwaves got all messed up). Plus, I have now within the last 5 years developed neuropathy just like you- my left foot is numb (nerve damage). Crazy.
My boyfriend has been drinking beers like heineken and soo nearly everyday for the past 3 years....... on monday he had some severe abdominal pains and wound up in the ICU of the hospital the next day.... he's been in ICU since and he cant eat they feed him through tubes and about on wednesday he had breathing problems and now is friday and he has been set up on an oxygen machine.... WHat is happening?? what could the problem be??? how severe is this problem???? i need answers can some one help me PLZZZZ!!!!!
Liver failure or kidneys