Addiction Expert Forum
Could he be using something

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Could he be using something

Went I started dating my boyfriend he had informed me he was hooked on weed, and smoked almost everyday. A year and a half in I told him I couldn't be with him if he was doing that. So he stopped, and he started again a few months ago but then stopped when I busted him. Then I noticed he started taking pills, I told him to stop and he did. Now I started noticing hes been having tons of nose bleeds and spends much more time in the bathroom, more than usual. And he's been lying more and going out more and eating alot like before when he was smoking weed. Should I be worried? Is he on something. I also caught him looking through his mothers drawers when she wasn't looking as if he was looking for her prescribed pills so that maybe he'd get high?
It sounds that he has a problem and needs some professional help. The best way to approach it is from a loving place, a place of support instead of an accusatory position.
I hope he can open up with you and get the help he needs.
Happy Holidays!!!
*when
Definitely seems like he is under influence of something, try talking to him about it and see where it goes. FYI they do sell home drug tests at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart so if he denies it than mention about taking drug test if he refuses then it's apparently he has something to hide. If he is clean them he will want to take test to prove he is not using drugs. Good luck!
Try to look at his pupils .. They are always a dead give away