Addiction Expert Forum
Detox with Tramadol
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Detox with Tramadol

I was put on an 8 day regimen of Tramadol, tapering every 2 days. It worked well for me. I decided to stop it at 6 days as I am anxious to get all opiates out of my system and get on the road to total recovery.

I've been reading a lot of comments that Tramadol is horrible, not to take it, you'll just get hooked on it, etc. Well, That has not been my experience. It's been a miracle drug for me with my detox. I've not taken a Tramadol for 19 hours now and am not feeling any physical w/d. I am weak and have diarrhea but I know that will eventually pass. Fortunately my mood is decent as I was expecting to feel depressed for months.

My question is - should I expect to feel worse a few days or so after stopping the Tramadol? Also my doc told me I should be feeling much better in about 3 weeks, certainly not 100% but a lot better. Another doc told me it could be months before I feel better. Which is it? I have an extremely positive, committed attitude about getting off the norco and will never go back no matter what.
2126606_tn?1346348724
Actually Tramadol is one of the fastest drugs to withdrawal from. In a couple of weeks you should be doing quite well. Try moving around as much as you can to stabilize your endorphin production. I believe you have the right attitude and you should have a positive outcome.
All the best.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1684282_tn?1410976195
Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank
MDS Rapid Drug Detox
Southfield, MI
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker