Addiction Expert Forum
Detox with Tramadol
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Detox with Tramadol

I was put on an 8 day regimen of Tramadol, tapering every 2 days. It worked well for me. I decided to stop it at 6 days as I am anxious to get all opiates out of my system and get on the road to total recovery.

I've been reading a lot of comments that Tramadol is horrible, not to take it, you'll just get hooked on it, etc. Well, That has not been my experience. It's been a miracle drug for me with my detox. I've not taken a Tramadol for 19 hours now and am not feeling any physical w/d. I am weak and have diarrhea but I know that will eventually pass. Fortunately my mood is decent as I was expecting to feel depressed for months.

My question is - should I expect to feel worse a few days or so after stopping the Tramadol? Also my doc told me I should be feeling much better in about 3 weeks, certainly not 100% but a lot better. Another doc told me it could be months before I feel better. Which is it? I have an extremely positive, committed attitude about getting off the norco and will never go back no matter what.
2126606 tn?1346348724
Actually Tramadol is one of the fastest drugs to withdrawal from. In a couple of weeks you should be doing quite well. Try moving around as much as you can to stabilize your endorphin production. I believe you have the right attitude and you should have a positive outcome.
All the best.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank