Addiction Expert Forum
Detoxing from soma while pregnant

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Detoxing from soma while pregnant
I have used soma during my pregnancy, for the past six months and I have to stop.  I am currently taking buprenorphine 8 mg that is prescribed.  I am worried about stopping I plan on tapering off. Is there any signs I need to be aware of?  Is there any advice you can give me about doing it myself? I have severe anxiety and can't go to detox facility.  Please help...
You should not do anything without further consultation with your OBGYN. Any stress you go through , your baby will be suffering with you. You could be putting your pregnancy and baby’s wellbeing ion the line. Sometimes stability while pregnant is the best answer.
Please consult with your doctor before any further plans of medication changes.
I just stop taking soma..but I'm not pregnant ..tell your obgyn.. You can just stop.. But I don't no what the symptoms will do do the baby