Addiction Expert Forum
Dont judge me

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Dont judge me
I smoke marijuana from time to time nd im almost 5 months pregnant how much have I hurt my baby
Not only is the action of smoking itself is detrimental to the health of the baby, but we do not know how cannabis intake can affect the developing brain. If you were using it for nausea, you may have hyperemesis gravidarum, a condition that causes excessive nausea  and vomiting during early stages of pregnancy. There are other medications that are proven safer during pregnancy that are effective for nausea that your OB can prescribe for you.   If your OB is aware of your issue they will be happy to address it.
You want to eat right and stay away from all unneeded drugs and alcohol while you are pregnant and nursing or mothering young children. Please take good care of yourself and that way you can be sure you are taking the best care of your child!