Addiction Expert Forum
HELP PLEASE codeine addiction

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

HELP PLEASE codeine addiction

Hi I had/have a serious codeine addiction for about 4 years or so I was taking 20+ tabs a day at once usually after breakfast to "get me through the day" I have scoliosis and a high threshold to medication that's how it started it was just 2 then 4 then 8 and so on and so on. I couldn't stand it any longer I hated the dependence I hated everything about needing them so I went cold turkey I'm on day 5 I tried if before but only ever made it to day 4. I have all the symptoms I've read about sneezing constantly diarrea (diarrhea) (ok can't spell) w restlessness cannot sleep at all I've tried every sleeping pill but I'm so tired I'm weepy and my back hurts but that's normal for me with my condition I have to go back to work in 3 days. When will I feel relief from constant pain and withdrawal? I can't feel like this much more I'm getting severely depressed I feel I will be a danger to myself soon please someone anyone out there tell me when ill feel better and please say soon cause I just don't no if I have it in me of any more days like this.
You should be starting to feel better right about at this point. The issue is that with all the diarrhea and suffering , your body is probably depleted of a number of things and that is another reason you are not feeling good. Have drinks like propel , that can help you with hydrate your system and get electrolytes and some vitamins back. Be careful with the medications you are taking to sleep, make sure they are prescribed to you on the right dosages or they can cause you the depression your feeling.
If you feel you are in any kind of danger , please seek medical assistance in an emergency room.
I hope you feel better fast ..All the best.
Thankyou for answering! I think I feel ok now it's hard to tell really I thought I was good yesterday then bam down like a sack of flour. Anyway propel? Is that like hydro lite? Or Gatorade? I as prescribed panadeine forte for my back problems but as u read I got addicted I'm a chronic pain patient what else can I get to help with back pain that won't take me back to square one hooked on pain pills? The sleeping meds are my mothers I don't no what there called but ill stop then as of tonight. My moods are up at the moment I'm praying they stay that way but they dip fast very fast. Thankyou again for answer.
Hi Clare
ive posted my message+current medication update. I need your advice re oxynorm 170mg daily. Have adhesions from five ops twisted and blocked bowel colon. Im due to under surgery to remove scar tissue causing blocked bowel. Am on 17 x 10mg oxymorm immediate relief. These were prescribed by the pain team over 14mths ago.
Have IBD. How will they wean me off been told theyre hard to come off?
What will they use? Can u advise me Im 43.
beccy