Addiction Expert Forum
Help for my Grandson
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Help for my Grandson

My Grandson was born May 18th, 2013. His mother was doing 2 mg of suboxen a day, they transferred him to Children's Nationwide hospital in Columbus on May 20th saying he was in withdrawl (withdrawal), that night they started him on morphine giving him  a total of 1.2 mg in a 24 hour period. After 3 failed wein down attempts they put him on phenobarbital 8 mg every 12 hours. On June 5th they upped his morphine dose saying it was because of withdrawl (withdrawal)...We are lost as to what we can do or say....In our opinion they should be lowering not raising cause now he is getting more morphine than he was originally started out on. Please Help with any advice you have....Thank you.
2126606_tn?1346348724
First and foremost, I am truly sorry for what your grandson and your family are going through. I am sure the medical staff is considering a combination of factors in order to plan his treatment. Withdrawal can cause issues with heart rate, blood pressure and might be more than his little body can handle right now.
The doctors are probably considering all factors above in order  to stabilize him so he can be strong enough to start a   withdrawal plan.

Make sure to ask the doctors questions – it is important they know you are interested and involved.  

I wish you and your grandson all the best. May God bless you all!!!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1684282_tn?1410976195
Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank
MDS Rapid Drug Detox
Southfield, MI
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now