Addiction Expert Forum
Help for my daughter!!

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Help for my daughter!!

My 21 year old daughter is taking vicodins, norcos and perkasin and not sure what else. And I just found out that she has been asking people for these and if she cant find them now is asking for oxycontin, I am very scared for my daughter she has 2 children 3years and 5 1/2 years. She needs help... She lives with her Boyfriend who also is taking these pills... Is everyone in his house BLIND cant they all see that my daughter their son, grandson and nephew my daughters boyfriend and herself are taking these pills. I need to get my granddaughters and daughter out of that house and back with me soon. I am a mother of 8 my children are all the world to me and this is killing me slowly since I found this out. I don't know where to start... Where can I seek HELP for her??????
.
First and foremost you need to speak to your daughter. Have a heart to heart. You cannot get her help unless she is willing to get well. As frustrating as this might be , forcing people to get well does not work in most cases. You have to come from a  helpful place and not an accusatory or judgmental place. I know is easier said than done and can be very frustrating, but in all my years with addiction is what I feel works the best.
Once and if she agrees , than you have to find what treatment options are available for her and help her get into treatment without any delays. Is a very hard thing to see the ones we love hurting themselves, sometimes we feel powerless, but it’s worth the effort. May God Bless you and your family.
First off, you have my sympathy. As a recovering opiate addict I can tell you that chances are she isn't going to just quit more than likely without something happening. You putting your foot down"lightly" and loving her is sometging. Its addressing reality that there is a problem. Have her just get on this site and read some of the stories. Be persistent at first but not over bearing because if she doesn't WANT to,she won't. I would strongly recommend that you get to an al anon meeting SOON. if you aren't familiar with them,they are a sister group of AA and NA. it's for family of addicts/alcoholic. You can call AA and they can tell you where the meetings are. I guarantee you that you won't be sorry. You will get the tools and support that you will desperately need for this battle that you must fight. Its not just her disease remember,its yours and everyone else that loves her. And yes this will be a fight and you want the very best weapons to fight with, al anon will give you this. You are fighting for her life and I wish you the very best!