Addiction Expert Forum
Help me I need to rapid detox from Xanax!

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

I was proscribed Xanax for anxiety... Despite the fact I have autism and anger management and no symptoms of anxiety. It gave me insomnia and seizures after less then 2 weeks. So I simply stopped taking it. Turns out you can't do that so I need to totally detox otherwise I could lose the job because of lousy performance. I am trying drinking lots of water and letting myself sweat! Anything else I can do?  

The best and safest way I see our patients coming off bensodiazepines , is in a slow titration with the aid of a doctor that can prescribe anti-seizure mhttp://www.medhelp.org/apps/my_questions/show?personal_page_id=2649099&type=MyQuestions&user_id=2126606edication throughout the withdrawal to ensure safety. It might be a lengthy process but is the best process I have witness.
How fast , is really based on how each patient system handle it.
I hope you have an easy and safe detox.