Addiction Expert Forum
Help plz

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Help plz

Im 13 weeks and im trying to get off opiates whats the best way to go about it without my OB contacting CPS?
If you taper opiates now and are clean by the 20th week, both you and the baby will be drug free.Unfortunately, anything you have taken after the 20th week of the pregnancy will show up should they test the meconium. Typically, if the see a cooperative, well kempt, clear headed, concerned and honest woman who is not trying to hide anything, the state is not hungry to separate newborns from moms. It all depends on your circumstances and your caregivers.
If you have been getting good, regular pre-natal care and have good relationship with your OB or midwife, they should be able to smooth thing over in the hospital.
The baby should be just fine privided you do not use anymore and continue to take good care of yourself. Please read my blog on Pregnancy and Addiction by clicking on my name and then blogs, it will give you some food for thought. Good luck to you and your babe.
U need to go to a clinic in your area and theyvwill prescribe u subutex its for pregnant women that have addiction to opiates i have been on it my hole pregnancy n my babys healthy
If u need help finding a clinic ill help u cause if u dont do this ur doctor will call cps u need to b in recovery n u can do it if i did
Ok thx very much.. But I heard methadome is the only thing prego ppl can take. And how many weeks were u wen u started on the subutex?
No methadone gives ur baby a bad withdrawl (withdrawal) i have been on subutex since my secomd month of being pregnant and i no people that have done the same its hard to get a clinic n get in fast but its the best thing for u and your baby its the safest way
Will they take your baby if you admit to having a problem and start getting help during pregnancy?
They wont take ur baby if u get on subutex n get help i been on it my pregnancy