Addiction Expert Forum
Help!!

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Help!!

I think my boyfriend is not only taking pills but is now snorting them.  I saw a pouch that had a credit card, small straw, and lighter  in his bag.  What are some of the warning signs that I can keep an eye out for.  He was just prescribed Ultram ER and I found the casing in the bathroom sink last night and I think he might have gotten high.  I need some advice.  I'm not one to condone taking meds of any kind and can't understand why people would want to abuse them.  He's also been going through spouts of depression but won't take the Prozac that was prescribed, if he does, he takes it a few days and then stops when he thinks things are getting better.  I'm haing a hard time standing by with all this
There is one safe way;  move out, and tell him that you might be interested in dating again if he is clean for a year.  You don't need any more 'evidence';  you know what is going on, but you don't want to take the difficult steps.  

For your own good I strongly encourage to GET AWAY.  You cannot get him to stop;  it is not your job, and even if it was, you would not be able to do it.  Those who DO stick around and think they can 'help' ALWAYS regret it.  This person is seriously flawed;  whatever 'good qualities' he has will never be worth the misery that his addiction will cause you-- addiction will always cause dishonesty, lying, manipulation... he is doing some of those things already.

This is NOT about the things HE needs to do;  this is about the difficult thing that YOU need to do.  He is not worth it-- and he will only get worse.
Also, is there any "safe" way to approach this subject with him without throwing it in his face, he doesnt' know I found the "tools" he uses to crush the meds.
Don't condone taking meds of any kind? That doesn't really make sense.

Confront him, it's the only way unless you want to walk out.
he's right get out. i no you want to help but you cant .i was with my girlfriend for 14mon i found out she was snorting pills. i did everything i could to get her to stop sent her through a program called daughters of naomi. spent a lot of money and within two months of her leaving the program she started taking them again she started stealing cheating on me and lied about everything i had to ask her to leave about three months ago i think the only thing that might help is jail its sad cause she is not the person i fell in love with.