Addiction Expert Forum
How can I ease Vicodin withdrawal symptoms?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

How can I ease Vicodin withdrawal symptoms?

Been on viva since '96 for various surgergies & arthritis & fibromyalgia. I want off! I'd have to take a handful just to get some releif.  No more! It's my second day, cold turkey, & I'm miserable!!!  Anything I can do? PLEASE HELP!!!
Related Discussions
666151_tn?1311117976
Opioid withdrawal stinks-- and there is not a lot you can do about it.  There is a technique using Suboxone to lessen the withdrawal, but I have not seen any studies as to whether the misery is lessened, or is just reduced in severity but lengthened in time.

Clonidine is the classic med for withdrawal, but it is no miracle-- it reduces symptoms a small amount.  Some people go into detox, but there is not much of a benefit to that approach, as they usually just put people in a bed and let them go through the process.  It just takes time.

The main thing is staying off, once the withdrawal ends.  Many people relapse as soon as they feel better.  Consider dragging yourself to a recovery group when you start to feel better-- it may save you from going through the process again (and again!).
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1684282_tn?1410976195
Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank
MDS Rapid Drug Detox
Southfield, MI
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now