Addiction Expert Forum
I Was Clean From Alcohol/Xanax

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

I Was Clean From Alcohol/Xanax

I was clean from Alcohol/Xanax for almost 2 months and recently relapsed for about 4 days drinking liquor and taking xanax bars throughout the day/night and it's been 2 days since I've had a drink or taken Xanax and would like some input on what I should do?Should I take a very low dose of Xanax alone?I was on Xanax for a year everyday taking up to 4mg a day then quit cold turkey and went into seizures,was hospitalized then tapered off in a regular hospital using Ativan which then lead to the 2 months being clean.
You should be OK if it was just one drink and one pill of Xanax. You should not worry about having withdrawals or seizures, but be careful in the future. Since you know you have an addictive personality and that does not change with time. Don't be fooled and think that you can start using occasionally again, it is extremely easy to get hooked. Good luck to you.
Thanks Julia it was a little more than 1 drink and 1 pill something like a bottle of liquor,a 5th of bacardi and 6 pints of malt liquor beer.Then there was a total of 8-2mg xanax bars that I took with the alcohol throughout the 4 days.You're definitely right bout the addictive personality and your logic is spot on I thought "ok I can just have a pill and a drink" then 4 days later I'm sitting there thinking to myself how did this all happen?but I'm happy to say that after that 4 days I completely stopped and haven't had a pill or a drink going on 5 days if not 5 days already.So after being clean for 2 months I had a small 4 day hiccup in my recovery but I don't plan on having anymore.I appreciate your input and the help you provide on here,thanks.