Addiction Expert Forum
Ketamine

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Ketamine
I have a ketamine addiction and have a dentist appointment, even if i dont take it that day, will i be immune to the anesthetic like i am the ketamine?
Ketamine works at unique receptors that are not involved in the actions of most pain meds—so no, I would not expect any ‘cross tolerance’ to things you get at the dentist office.  There would be a problem, though, if you had your teeth pulled by a vet, since some vets use ketamine for anesthetics involving animals.
I recommend you take action to treat your ketamine addiction, by the way.  People eventually get into trouble using that drug;  as you probably are aware, the effects can be unpredictable, and ‘bad trips’ are not uncommon.