Addiction Expert Forum
Lortab and Liver
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lortab and Liver

Doc,
I have been consisntently taking 3-4 Lortabs 10/500 all at once in the evening for quite some time now.  I have been doing this off and on for about three years.  Some times I go about 6 months with no pills but there are other times that I take them everyday for 2 months straight.
I have currently been taking them every night (at once) for the past few months and I am becoming VERY concerned about the shape my liver is in.  I have been having sharp pains off and on underneath my right rib (liver) and also have aches across my whole lower back.  I know that this has to be caused from the excessive amount of tylenol that I have ingested. I have never had my liver tested in the past.  As of two weeks ago, I began taking 2 capsules of milk thistle to try and help my liver out during these hard times.
My questions are:
Does milk thistle help?
Is there anything else that I can take to help my liver?
What kind of long term damage have I caused so far to my body?

Also, I know that I am posting this on an addiction forum but please spare me the "you have to quite routine"...

Thanks!!