Addiction Expert Forum
Masturbation HELP

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Masturbation HELP

I have been masturbating for about 10 years now. I do it at least 3 times per day. It is really out of control. I am in college and I will skip class just to go home and masturbate. I will drop almost anything to masturbate. When I sit down to start studying I start watching porn within 5 minutes. I am always watching porn. I seriously need help. Im a chronic masturbator and porn addict. I could never bring myself to go to a psychologist to discuss this though
This is obviously interfering with your daily function. You already told me what you need to do. The better choice is a psychiatrist since there are medications that may be helpful. You also need to find out what you are trying to avoid while doing this unproductive task and that is better done with intensive talk therapy. Good luck.
Please help me. I'm serious and I need help
But I don't think I could bring myself to talk to a psychiatrist. I cannot talk to anyone about the situation. It's so embarrassing
What are the names of the types of medicines that will help?
Psychologists and psychiatrists are trained to be prepared for various topics, even ones that are more embarrassing to u than them. They care most about u getting the help u need. Consider a psychologist who specializes in addictions or sex therapies. CBT is helpful for those kinds of struggles. Remember ur not alone--I actually just saw a show on TV about some one with a very similar concern. You need to realize that this is just a symptom of an underlying issue--and a psychologist will recognize that. I wish u the best of luck and a boost of confidence to help u get the help u need to overcome this challenge!!
I have been reading some stuff on how to stop and I haven't done it since yesterday morning. I hope this works
Overexposure to porn can lead to erectile dysfunction. You over stimulate your brain with these fantasy ideals and either are never satisfied or cannot obtain an erection during normal intercourse. Stop before it too late. It's a terrible habit. Find interest in a real girl and not fake honestly... Stretched out girls on a computer screen. :/