Addiction Expert Forum
Mersyndol withdrawl(withdrawal)
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Mersyndol withdrawl(withdrawal)

Old enough to know better, and been there done that once before.  Not trying to make excuses but became "hooked on Mersyndol back a couple of years ago when I just couldn't find anything other than going to the ER for my migraines.   I was taking too many, maybe 25 a day and got myself off of it.  Last November I started back on, and the habit came out of control.  Downing 40 -50 tablets a day in the last month and a half or so.  I knew I was hurting my body, not to mention the stuff is bloody expensive.  So I know i have to quit...so quit I did, last Thursday.  Today is Saturday so that is 3 days clean cold turkey.  Have I done the wrong thing?  The last time I quit I had gone to the doctor and she took me off cold turkey and told me that I'm smart enough to know better.   Now dealing with a major migraine, mood swings up and down, and much anxiety, which is part of my life path anyhow.  Having a hard time sleeping, very little appetite and oh yes diarrhea .  My question is to any of you that has gone through this before, is going cold turkey a medical risk, or is it just as good a way as weaning.  I'm not sure if weaning would have worked for me.I don't have any other addictions, don't drink smoke or do any other sort of recreational drugs.  I am on medications for panic and anxiety attacks, I don't abuse them in any way shape or form.  Right now I need some answers to the question above, I really don't want to go and face my family doctor again, I kicked it the first time and it was rough, but this time, well, I was taking a hell of a lot more, about double a day to what I was in the past.  The other question would be, after going 3 days cold turkey, and 3 days of feeling like there is a knife going through my head, what if anything can I do to help, or is this the price I pay, so perhaps I will learn the hard way?