Addiction Expert Forum
Need some advice. Maybe help

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Need some advice. Maybe help

so let me start by saying that I am a 28 yr old male who is seeking advice from experts or those that have been in a similar situation with drug use.

I had never tried drugs until I got to college and the only two that I tried during that time were marijuana and cocaine. I absolutely hated the feeling of marijuana, but I found that cocaine was a good experience bc it opened me up in social/party situations. To this day, I still use cocaine every couple of weeks or so and find that it generally makes a party more fun. Until recently, I never thought using in that setting was a problem.

I hold down a great job and Gods honest truth, monday through friday I dont drink or use cocaine. I am starting to get concerned not because I have thought about using daily or trying "new" drugs, I am concerned because when I go out and alcohol is involved, it pops in my head. It seems that certain situations I am associating the drug with other things which is leading me to become worried.

If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.
My experience leads me to believe that the reason you turned to this forum is because your habits or lifestyle, though not yet   an addiction is troubling you. You admit to as much yourself. You are an obviously an intelligent man and it will be easy for you to check that everything I will tell you is true. I am not trying to scare you, but cocaine is not a benign drug. Even though some people have been known to use it for years without detrimental effect, many are not as lucky. There are numerous cases of severe reactions to even one-time use - it can be your first or your one hundred and first - ranging from heart attacks, strokes, bowel ischemia and Parkinsonism as well as other medical tragedies. Nasal issues can be minor to severe and irreversible tissue damage. All you have to do is Google it. This happens to young people and can easily kill or maim forever.
Why would you jeopardize your health your career and your future to just feel more relaxed at a party? Maybe a glass of wine would achieve the  goal without undue risk. I am hardy an advocate of alcohol, but in moderation (one drink a day for a male) it can be beneficial for your health. There are NO benefits from using cocaine.
Good luck to you.